• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your not the one who has to feed them and look after them so why worry about what others have...............

cause there is now way you could work that many dogs imo,but each to there own

i got 3 at the mo. but got mates with loads what does it matter to anyone else how many dogs someone has as long as they look after and care for them properly.surely thats the main thing .

cant understand lads with 10 or 12 dogs i got 4 and working them is hard how do they hav the time

my dogs ar 2 terriers and 2 lurchers and dont think i need any more

been to a few shows lately from what iv seen some need one for each class :D

only got the one working bitch at the moment but im on the look out for another just for a bit of bunny bashing on the lamp come the season

the last 2 really bad winters we had, 1 lurcher would have been sufficient as I couldnt get out! but as soon as the weather came good again 3 was sometimes not enough and I wished I had a 4th to spread the work load. I think a lot depends on how much you get out, how hard you run your dogs, and what type they are ie fast do or die types that get a lot of injuries.

Your probably not wrong when you say one for each class plenty of rosette hunters out there, recently read a thread on another forum where somebody was talking about upping the road walking to get the dog into condition for the start of the show season!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Your not the one who has to feed them and look after them so why worry about what others have...............

cause there is now way you could work that many dogs imo,but each to there own

Then that's the problem of the person who owns them, i personally don't see the need to have more than 2 dogs to work but then i don't give a damn who has what anyway, each to their own and all that.

Your probably not wrong when you say one for each class plenty of rosette hunters out there, recently read a thread on another forum where somebody was talking about upping the road walking to get the dog into condition for the start of the show season!!!!!!!!!

couple parked next to me had a van full of dogs,and yep worked them all :whistling:

• Like 1

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter how many dogs others have as long as they look after them properly.

Buuuuuut it's bullshit if they claim that they work them all fully.

Annnnnd it's a bit of a shame when they buy a decent, well bred dog, or get gifted one, and you can see it has real potential, but it never gets to reach it's potential, because the person doesn't put the time in to working them, they just want to collect them.

agrees with col grey, i think 2 lurchers is plenty idealy young un learning ropes from experienced veteran, i would like 1 allround lurcher that i could put all work in but got a col whippet that i mainly ferret with, wish i went with something bigger and faster but she ok what i use her for and couple beddies for bushing/digging be good. the show people make me laugh

Similar, but slightly un-related. You go to a show in a local area, and see maybe 100 dogs that are said to be fox dogs, and all those folk say they are taking a few fox each week with them. If that's the case, how the f**k are there any fox left in the area past the end up september :blink: If everyone you saw at a show, worked all their dogs, like they say they do, then there would be no quarry what so ever, anywhere.

imo you gotta have a couple of dogs nothing worse than having a knocked up dog in the kennel mid season and cant get out,ive two but not very oftern i will lamp the two together,but the only problem is your always gonna have your favorite which will always get that bit more work