Barking b*****d !!

Trouble is you either want the dog quiet in the kennel or not, some dogs may require to wear a collar over a long period of time, the dog quickly learns not to bark and then you can purchase "dummy" collars, these collars cannot be worn 24/7 anywat, b ut good collars have detailed instructions......You can't reprimand a dog for barking for what the dogs may deem a valid reason and then expect it to be rin tin tin and decide whats acceptable to bark at for you :thumbs:

fair point

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every time it barks go and kick its cnut in.....see how it likes that

I have a anti bark shock collar: I used it on my old terrier who barked at anything and everything. The thing is that the dog learns very fast that the shock comes from the collar: once she knew what

Has anyone ever used a bark/shock collar ?

My terrier bitch is gona get me threw outa where I live, short of f*****g super gluing her mouth shut, I can't get her to shut up, excessively barking.

Any thoughts and recommendations as to types and prices please

Innotek sell one for £39 at www.invisibledogfence.co.uk, I have a number of them and they really work. It doesn't take long for the dog to realise they need to be quiet.

I have one for sale and open to offers, about enough wire to cover 3 acres,we couldnt use it as our land is to steep. I also have two collars. Pm me for details if anyone is interested.

I only mentioned i had one for sale as it had been posted im not sure it would stop a dog barking. It certainly keeps them contained and its no good on steep land and wild life can chew through the wire so lots of repair and trace work all right over a small area or garden.

i used a citronella job, worked fine for a while but soon worked out that if he barked through it for a while it emptied and when its off they know, i just reverted back to the good old get of the sofa/out of bed and give him a hiding, now hes good as gold and he was a real problem dog,i had notes threatning all sorts of crap! all i have to do now is grunt at him and he shuts up but sometimes he barks because he needs a poo and he wont go in the kennel!! house training to the max that!! lol

I have a anti bark shock collar: I used it on my old terrier who barked at anything and everything. The thing is that the dog learns very fast that the shock comes from the collar: once she knew what happened I didn't even need to switch the collar on, just wearing it turned off kept her quiet. She sulked, but she didn't bark. I wouldn't leave a shock collar on a dog all the time though: it is the vibrations from the throat which trigger the shock. If the dog has a cough then that would trigger the shock as well. Not fair on the dog to wear it all the time. It never stopped her baying at her quarry though: she knew when she was wearing it and not. My current black bitch had to wear it for a few months: now she knows to keep quiet: if she starts up I just show her the collar and she remembers, so it obviously isn't a pleasant experience, and absolutely NOT to be used on nervous, neurotic or frightened dogs.

I remember there was one stupid woman on here, years ago, who said that she put it on her Whippet, and it screamed non stop for an hour before she took the collar off. A hyped up, nervous dog just freaks out and keeps shocking itself. A bit of common sense and good observation and knowledge of the dog in question is needed before using something as drastic as a shock collar.

• Like 2

good old fashion hose pipe set it up so it faces the dogs pen when barks turn it on after a bit will stop barking i used the collars in past worked on some dogs but not all the shock collar i used the dogs just barked more i swear by a good old fashion soaking after a few soaks they know to stop

What ever you do DON'T buy a cheap chinese one off ebay, they're crap i bought one and i'd dare strap it to my nuts :icon_redface: .Like whats been said before buy a quality one, i ended up with a sportdog one.Another thing you could try is wrap a feed bag up tightly and everytime your dog barks snarl 'shut up' and whack the f**k out of it, then tell it to go to bed.A couple times of whacking it you should just be able to wave it at the dog or hit something telling it to shut up follwed by bed.

Remember consistency is the key to training and if your not consistent the dog will never learn, and you don't have to go over the top hitting the dog just be firm :thumbs:

Can these shock collars affect the terrier baying when it goes to ground with its locator collar on.

No, the dogs aren't daft and know when the collars on, two nodules rest against the skin............ :thumbs:

bin wondering the answer to this for about 3 weeks lol

Yes they work, get a dogtra model, haven't bought one for nearly 10 years but don't think the price has altered much, about £65. Forget about those citronella collars, any dog with a hint of drive will ignore the pathetic spray of mist, also people will tell you that the volt is more severe than a spray of citrus, whats more invasive, a quick correction or burning citrus up a dogs olfactory organs, its all perception......

Dogtra :thumbs:

This may be a real dumb question, but if they learn to associate this collar with getting a shock and it stops them sounding off, what happens when you pop the Bellman on them?....personally I wouldnt use a shock collar anyway, a bit of work normally keeps them queit forn a few days.

Thats why mines a yapper.......lol