Who misses the Waterloo cup ?why?

I will never forget the first time I went to the Waterloo Cup and we got lost on the way there, I was gutted thinking we would miss it but thankfully did'nt.. As of then being 5 years old I attended every year until it was banned. Have some great memories of it and wish I could take my children one day.. Doubt the ban will ever be lifted but we can only hope. FTB :thumbs:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to do the 3 days , the call over on the Monday night , over the road to the disco under the Scarisbrick , great to see Sir Mark Presscott pissed on the dance floor always had women hanging off

Mate I m nearly cryin here,just the sound over the tannoy made me hair stand up haha I f****n loved it,does anyone remember two hippy brothers on the bank rotten on the whisky one ran on pretending to

thats what they do in ireland prob cos you would not find anuf hares in one day two run the comp but at atlcar all hares are wild and beated with lots of men walkin in lines for miles drivein them two

[quote name=Cupid Stunt' timestamp='1295622473' post= :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:'1887738]

The rangerover haha brand new on it's roof in a ditch the copper going nuts coz we taking pics haha. :thumbs:

Any photies :laugh: :laugh:

WaterlooCup056Small.jpg

The correct attire to wear for a days coursing, as modelled by a THL member.

Waterloo6.jpg

flmao :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: nice flat cap too :laugh:

:boogie:

miss all the people i only met once a year ,the dogs ,the sights ,the sounds ,flattening the grass on the banking first day ,having a bevvy or two,all in all probaly the best three days of the year .......sad sad sad.............. but great memories ... yis fellman

like people have said it was brilliant everything done right in front of you was class.one year a load of us went all hired a mini bus platzy,wooly ,best crack ever the antis with there rattles and other stupid stuff seen some of the lads squirting the idiots with piss in water pistols i wish it was still on good days out atb biza

Got some great memories of attending the cup, I always stood near the bookies to have a little bet.

Best bet I had was when Mouse Tail won the cup in 87 :thumbs: what a cracking little black bitch she was.

Edited by sowhat

Had some good Craic's at the Waterloo :thumbs:

Remember talking to a Welsh lad one year who was doing all 3 day's, So I said to him where you stating at ? He replied "You know the big posh Hotel where they have the call over (Scarisbrick) I said yea and I was just thinking that must of set him back a fair few quid . . . When he chipped in with " Yea kipping in the van in there car park" :doh: Fecking classic :toast:

Took my mind from off the Hail stone's that were battering down

Got some great memories of attending the cup, I always stood near the bookies to have a little bet.

Best bet I had was when Mouse Tail won the cup in 87 :thumbs: what a cracking little black bitch she was.

I used to want the bookies fur coat haha an the money in it :whistling:

The rangerover haha brand new on it's roof in a ditch the copper going nuts coz we taking pics haha. :thumbs:

Any photies :laugh: :laugh:

WaterlooCup056Small.jpg

The correct attire to wear for a days coursing, as modelled by a THL member.

Waterloo6.jpg

How did the nice constable manage to park it there ( bell end )

dont take the piss out of the lads sheepskin coat, bet he was warmer than most and his cap is trendy :laugh:

Never made the waterloo but had a few meets at Wolsingham.. good craic :thumbs:

went to the last 12 waterloo cups and the only regret that i have is that we should of all got stuck into the antis and kicked the living shits out of the tree hugging, bunch of waste of space that they are. then we could of gone out proud. and showed them that we wernt to be messed with. :wallbash: still miss the best three days of the year tho :toast:

I used to do the 3 days , the call over on the Monday night , over the road to the disco under the Scarisbrick , great to see Sir Mark Presscott pissed on the dance floor always had women hanging off him , remember had £200 on Heneritta at 9/4 when she won it , she killed her hare in every round , i phoned my brother with the commentry of the final ( im going cold as i picture it now !)it went " shes led up , shes turned it , shes killed it " Steven Little , start counting !!! . I took my 9yr old son to the last day , the slipper and judge signed his card , it sits proudly on his wall , i sometimes pass the Withins when travelling and i park up for ten minutes and imagine what it was like , must admit i sometimes shed a tear , Mr Blair , you had no idea did you ?

• Like 2

Never ever went to any coursing meets but the hares that are coursed are netted hares from differed land brought to a spot to be coursed seen the clip there and looks as if the hare as not got clue where they are surely this not the way to test any sort off top running dog just asking by the way :thumbs: :thumbs: but all in all looks good day out