Who misses the Waterloo cup ?why?

WELL LADS ,

FIRST WENT TO THE WATERLOO IN 84' IN THE BACK OF AN OVERCROWDED BEDFORD HA VAN , SITTING ON A SACK FILLED WITH STRAW AS A SEAT , SLEPT IN THAT VAN THE FIRST NIGHT AFTER A SESSION IN THE SCARISBRICK WITH SOME YORKSHIRE LADS I KNEW ....... THAT RUST BOX ROCKED LIKE A FECKIN CRADLE ALL NIGHT WITH THE WIND BLOWING OVER THE FLATLAND FECK KNOWS WHAT ANYONE WALKING PAST THOUGHT :D , BOLLOCKS TO THAT , B&B AFTER THAT ..... AND WENT EVERY YEAR THEREAFTER , A GOOD MATE FROM CHESHIRE AREA OFTEN USED TO LET ME IN FOR FREE AND THEN FIND ME LATER WITH THE CARD ,.....

ONE YEAR HE CAME OVER AND SAID HOW THE FECK HAVE YOU GOT IN THE NOMINATORS AREA :laugh: AS I WAS SIPPING CHAMPAGNE , . LONG STORY TO THAT ONE , BUT THE SHORT OF IT WAS OLD TERRY R THE HUNTSMAN HAD DRAGGED ME IN TO MEET A FEW PEOPLE INCLUDING PRESCOTT ETC ,.....

GREAT TIMES ....... AND MANY MEMORIES

YEP ......... I HAVE CAUGHT HARES COURSING THE DOGS ON ALTCAR AND WITHANS WITH A FEW LADS THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED :icon_redface: ,..... JUST FOR THE DEVILMENT OF IT .......

THOUGH ALWAYS PREFERD THE FENS

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to do the 3 days , the call over on the Monday night , over the road to the disco under the Scarisbrick , great to see Sir Mark Presscott pissed on the dance floor always had women hanging off

Mate I m nearly cryin here,just the sound over the tannoy made me hair stand up haha I f****n loved it,does anyone remember two hippy brothers on the bank rotten on the whisky one ran on pretending to

thats what they do in ireland prob cos you would not find anuf hares in one day two run the comp but at atlcar all hares are wild and beated with lots of men walkin in lines for miles drivein them two

i remember one year wed had a few courses with no kills then [bANNED TEXT] the dick heads turned up with their megaphone a hare tried to make its escape over that side,,,but because of all the racket it turned back and the dogs caught it right in front of them,,,,there was a loud cheer for that one.....

also do you remember the plane goin over with the banner that was spelled wrong,,,frikkin eeeeyyyydddyyyoootttsss :thumbdown:

remember the antis turning up for the first time they walked past and the lad who wrote terriers and terrier men booted one [bANNED TEXT] in the big ditch it was freezing the coppers just ignored them , and big stewart willcox booming voice GET THEE IN LINE OR FOOOOOK OFF YOU USELESS FOOOOOKER :icon_eek: ANY ONE REMEMBER THE GREYHOUND HITTING THE FLANKER AND BREAKING HIS LEG :icon_eek:

Edited by gonetoearth

last time i went i think it was 87,freezing sat on the bank watching some geordie lads trying to film it with one of them big sit on your shoulder vid cams all pissed as arsules but soon sobered up when they fell in the dyke with the camera all wet through, they started falling out as it was hired.... good entertainment though.

WELL LADS ,

FIRST WENT TO THE WATERLOO IN 84' IN THE BACK OF AN OVERCROWDED BEDFORD HA VAN , SITTING ON A SACK FILLED WITH STRAW AS A SEAT , SLEPT IN THAT VAN THE FIRST NIGHT AFTER A SESSION IN THE SCARISBRICK WITH SOME YORKSHIRE LADS I KNEW ....... THAT RUST BOX ROCKED LIKE A FECKIN CRADLE ALL NIGHT WITH THE WIND BLOWING OVER THE FLATLAND FECK KNOWS WHAT ANYONE WALKING PAST THOUGHT :D , BOLLOCKS TO THAT , B&B AFTER THAT ..... AND WENT EVERY YEAR THEREAFTER , A GOOD MATE FROM CHESHIRE AREA OFTEN USED TO LET ME IN FOR FREE AND THEN FIND ME LATER WITH THE CARD ,.....

ONE YEAR HE CAME OVER AND SAID HOW THE FECK HAVE YOU GOT IN THE NOMINATORS AREA :laugh: AS I WAS SIPPING CHAMPAGNE , . LONG STORY TO THAT ONE , BUT THE SHORT OF IT WAS OLD TERRY R THE HUNTSMAN HAD DRAGGED ME IN TO MEET A FEW PEOPLE INCLUDING PRESCOTT ETC ,.....

GREAT TIMES ....... AND MANY MEMORIES

YEP ......... I HAVE CAUGHT HARES COURSING THE DOGS ON ALTCAR AND WITHANS WITH A FEW LADS THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED :icon_redface: ,..... JUST FOR THE DEVILMENT OF IT .......

THOUGH ALWAYS PREFERD THE FENS

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Terry R the huntsman never had you down as a foxhunter? Or was it a duckwing connection :thumbs: Surprising how many huntsmen turned to become successful trainers

Y.I.S Leeview

Those of us at the last one will remember the tension between us and the antis that day , it was superb watching the young scallys bricking them as they walked up the roads , i remember how one "brave " soap dodger - with a fence seperating us - called me a beast , paedo etc , as they were moved out because they were getting showered by bricks , bottles etc i followed him along the fenceline , until after so far we ran out of fence and now we were only a few feet apart , as he realised this the look of terror on his face was one i will never forget , suddenly i was no longer a beast or paedo , can i just thank whoever threw that brick that dropped him , i did try to avoid him as he fell but he kept trying to kiss my boots as he went , worth the admission fee alone it was !!!!

it could only happen to the english to ban something that even had its roots embedded in our culture even before julius ceasar landed on our shores, the romans sent big celtic running dogs back to rome amazed at there hunting qualties.organized coursing should remain and english heritage and be protected since its formation in the 1700,s. even now it could still be carried out if the greyhounds where muzzeled as less harm to any quarry and a test to the dogs on live quarry,i worship the ground thats coming to tony blair.coward that he is!

Went on second day of the last Waterloo cup, knowing that this would be my last chance - didn't go down well with the misses as it was Valentines Day!

Freezing cold, got there early, stood on the banks - the anti's rocked up about 11ish - shouted their shit for about 45mins then pissed off - thats commitment for you!

There was only 6 kills all day (10% approx) and 1 was in front of anti's - big cheer went up but it wasn't for dogs catching hare - more a big F you to the anti's.

To add humour to the day some pissed up guy started stripping off only to be confronted by one of the stewards who said "Dont do that mate - you'll scare the hares wait to the end of the day" - as soon as the stewards back was turned the lad was off doing front crawl in the big puddle -

Amazing day - glad I went.

I never missed, from the early 80's right through to the last, mostly 2 days but some years three. Good times, the best of times..!!

What was memorable...

As a kid, getting the early bus from Walton Church and walking the rest, bunking in, :ninja: over the Alt and creeping up the ditches. :angel: Had a few close shaves but always made it. A mecca for all that hunted in the Liverpool area, a meeting place for all those you had not seen all year.

Eventually paying my entrance and getting the filthiest looks off Stuart and Sam... Ha! the only time I could be walking their ground and they could do feck all about it, by god that was worth the money..!!! :boogie:

Later, meeting a Mr Lloyd who had pitched a pasting table, and was selling his new 'Lurcher Journal'. I knew of him through the Shooting News, we talked of hunting and poaching and he gave me his number, for one of his 'new type' pups, I would have loved one, but never had the 'bottle' to pick up the phone..! :doh:

Another year, talking to Mr Harcolme and Mr Middleton on all things terrier. And dispite their very different directions, i'm glad to say terriers won on the day and both enjoyed each others company. :notworthy:

The Wigan lads, Bomber,D.H., Martin the keeper etc, wild boys, good lads always the craic. :drink:

A forged nominators pass and a crackin day with Clarissa and Johnny. :notworthy:

And last but by no means least The Running Horses, for me and many others 'the' boozer to go to after the day. With all my good friends, some of whome are on here. Plenty of booze and plenty of song and one or two battles (eh Stoateyes!!). :vava: :toast:

I remember meeting Mr Darcy in there and he spoke about looking for someone to write about lurchers and foxes for a forthcoming book, the right lads were there, its a pity none of them took up your offer! :doh:

Many many more tales of those three wonderful days and the countless good folk i've met there. I was talking to Stoateyes off here the other day, he said he looked forward to the cup more than Christmas and.... I had to agree...!! :yes:

• Like 1

, and also when that idiot slipped the Saluki X on a spent hare and killed it in a pool of water right in front of us ! I think it was the end of an era, I can't see it ever coming back, but we can only hope !

Cheers.

that means i was stood right behind you ,i know what your saying about the spent hare with the saluki but the red bullx was a dog and a half caught its first one and run the second one for about 10 mins and had the hairs standing on the back of my neck,was a good last day to be finished off by the copper reversing his dicovery backwards into a ditch and parked it on its front end .......the good not so old days lets just hope one day we get it back

Edited by dog fox