Rushill Russels

well i got one a nice bitch BUT got to say i was robbed i was told she was working rats at the age of 6 months i had her at 12 months i gave her the best chance to enter showed her a lot didnt even pusher but got to say shes now at my feet as a LAPDOG for the kids and wife

my own folt rushed in didnt find out anything about the breed [bANNED TEXT] i did found out thay just show dogs !!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Strong looking dog... probably added some sort of beagle or even spaniel lol...got that sort of look with the 'hound' type markings...who cares,it's just a pet...that could of been the best?..the Op d

Is this post supposed to be putting me straight? As in throwing my toys out the pram .... I only know Martyn about 15 years and was stuck for a terrier and he reached out and sorted me one through ano

Seek out a local dog  trainer who knows what there doing as you wouldn't want to pay a plumber to build a brick wall eh......

Posted Images

as someone else said, not a mark on them " workers " not saying dogs have to be scared up to be a worker, but surely owning that many " workers " one or two should have a little mark ? plus he must very lucky as a terrierman, most terriermen i know have plenty of workers but not many that are worth breeding off, everydog in his kennel had sired a litter or thrown a litter, :whistling:

as someone else said, not a mark on them " workers " not saying dogs have to be scared up to be a worker, but surely owning that many " workers " one or two should have a little mark ? plus he must very lucky as a terrierman, most terriermen i know have plenty of workers but not many that are worth breeding off, everydog in his kennel had sired a litter or thrown a litter, :whistling:

Fair points made there for any type of dog not all can be worth breeding off if your aimimg for the top

• 11 years later...

Hello all, i have recently took on a Rushill Jack, he was being advertised as needing a more suitable home they wanted 200 for him i offered 100 as it was all i had, they let me have him as a Jack russell two years old didn't know anymore than that, he came with his papers from JRCGB showing his line his father won the 2021 JRCGB national, Rushill Crankie.

I got him as a walking companion/ carp dog my previous dog was a pattie of unknown origin as i got him from the Dogs Trust, so far he is doing well very friendly with people a bit reactive to other dogs don't think he got out much till i got him two weeks back. i live near Hampton Hill hounds so i may book him in for a few visits to help with his hellos.

all in all a nice dog who would work anything you put in front of him, a very keen dog that don't bark at what it's planning on going after, haven't had him off lea yet he does recall when told and a few other things but don't think he is ready for off lead in a public area. 

Any advice on how to introduce him to other dogs would be welcome, most of my neighbors dogs are pricey pups he can be a bit much for them, that's why i'm thinking of taking him to a closed field with a few firm but friendly dogs on hand.  he is a good lad though he got told off earlier today when out he knew to sit nicely had have his head halter on for 20 mins, he went past a few dogs nicely but it got a bit much and he had to sound off as i was sitting, he really is an intimidating dog for others when he does his dog politics. i like him and the mrs adores him.

20220411_112512.jpg

25 minutes ago, Cairn-keeper said:

Hello all, i have recently took on a Rushill Jack, he was being advertised as needing a more suitable home they wanted 200 for him i offered 100 as it was all i had, they let me have him as a Jack russell two years old didn't know anymore than that, he came with his papers from JRCGB showing his line his father won the 2021 JRCGB national, Rushill Crankie.

I got him as a walking companion/ carp dog my previous dog was a pattie of unknown origin as i got him from the Dogs Trust, so far he is doing well very friendly with people a bit reactive to other dogs don't think he got out much till i got him two weeks back. i live near Hampton Hill hounds so i may book him in for a few visits to help with his hellos.

all in all a nice dog who would work anything you put in front of him, a very keen dog that don't bark at what it's planning on going after, haven't had him off lea yet he does recall when told and a few other things but don't think he is ready for off lead in a public area. 

Any advice on how to introduce him to other dogs would be welcome, most of my neighbors dogs are pricey pups he can be a bit much for them, that's why i'm thinking of taking him to a closed field with a few firm but friendly dogs on hand.  he is a good lad though he got told off earlier today when out he knew to sit nicely had have his head halter on for 20 mins, he went past a few dogs nicely but it got a bit much and he had to sound off as i was sitting, he really is an intimidating dog for others when he does his dog politics. i like him and the mrs adores him.

20220411_112512.jpg

Seek out a local dog  trainer who knows what there doing as you wouldn't want to pay a plumber to build a brick wall eh....:victory:..

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, sid g said:

dont know if you`ve seen his sire googlerushill crankiefor a pic if link dont work  === dont whats gone in em to get the spots http://www.jrtcgb.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/jrtcgb_champion2021.jpg.png

Might be staffy blood gone into them ? 
you see staffs with spots  n freckles.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Cairn-keeper said:

but don't think he is ready for off lead in a public area.

Nice looking dog mate ?. I can't have my Parson Russell loose in a public area, dog park or whatever. No amount of training will change him he's just too highly driven. He's a good hunter and gets on with the whippets, that's all that matters to me.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, sid g said:

dont know if you`ve seen his sire googlerushill crankiefor a pic if link dont work  === dont whats gone in em to get the spots http://www.jrtcgb.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/jrtcgb_champion2021.jpg.png

Was your own not Lakeland X Russell?

Martyn  works his dogs... And keeps fine terriers... I've had terriers from Martyn in the past.... 

Edited by stop.end
37 minutes ago, sid g said:

whats your point ? 

If you don't know, better to keep your chops closed I suppose is the gist of it.... All Terry Duggans had it...all Bert Griptons had it and Jack price's, all mottled and if not visible on top coat then trim there coats out and it will be there... And rushill got his dogs from JP... Who got his from TD, and TDs dogs all came over from Ireland... 

1 hour ago, stop.end said:

If you don't know, better to keep your chops closed I suppose is the gist of it.... All Terry Duggans had it...all Bert Griptons had it and Jack price's, all mottled and if not visible on top coat then trim there coats out and it will be there... And rushill got his dogs from JP... Who got his from TD, and TDs dogs all came over from Ireland... 

They came back to england from ireland with some bull in them?