• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunt be so negative ? 

heres a border whippet bitch I bred accidently 3 yrs ago  

Here is a first cross whippet x jack russel. He is just a pet but would make a cracking rabbiting dog . He stands 19-20".    

Posted Images

Somebody on here started a thread not so long ago regarding his whippet with a touch of bull in it that had been mated by his jack russell. Somebody maybe ble to attatch the link . Was a good thread showed you the pups etc. atb

FOUND THE LINK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/149154-whirrier/

Edited by wuyang

My mate had one, it was a brilliant little bushings dog. The Jack Russell used was the short legged variety and my mates bitch was about 12 inches tts and almost like a miniature whippet. I would like one but just as a bushing dog to work with a bigger lurcher.

I know of one that is not far off the one in your avitar dose everthing you could want :notworthy: cracking dog good temprement well behaved and like i say deleviers on all aspects lets see if the owner replys! quality cross in my humble opinion :blink: balls of steal (JRT) X whippit loving gentle steady intelegent :thumbs:

but i am only new to this whole dog thing :icon_redface:

russell whipps use to be lots about some yrs back but still can be found asing quality stock both sides can produce decent little grafters rats rabs feathered game these dogs were my favourite type for nocking about bushing fereting etc ya dont get the same attention has ya do when out and about with some crosses

Was it a 'happy accident' Brother?

3 years down the line how did it turn out?

I've never had the need for a terrier whippet, my old whippets served me very well but seen a few terrier crosses go and they were crackin little dogs. Just a thought but if I was to look for a cross of this type i'd plump for a Lakey Whippet. Off one of them tall rangy type Lakeys. Recon that fiery/gassey attutude would suit a sighthound well and they certainly can be found tall and strait legged enough. I had a Cowan bred dog like that in the 80's, used to think that if I could have got it over a greyhound or whippet they'd be very handy dogs, but I never bothered. ;)

its my sons dog, and when I rang him about having one of my whips he said no thanks got everything I need, so that says enough really, however he only goes out weekends bushing or ferreting, but says he never gets bothered by anyone with her, she pegs a few in the bushes, gets the odd one on top daytime but gets a few on the lamp, when I said once about putting her dad back over her when shes older he said no thanks he doesnt want another lol.Shes mustard on rats as well. Sky cat has her brother

oops forgot to put 16" tts

theres one the warrener dvds brin he's called and what a little dog it shows him lamping ratting ferreting a good all rounder

Whilst it may be a versitile little dog , and did put a good few bunnys in the bag in that film,, :thumbs: all those rabbits were cought on the wall banks they have in cornwall , dont think theres a single bunnys cought on the run, pesonly i thought the dog looked overweight in the film. maybe thats why as the other poster said it was better when owned by its original owner.

dont get me wrong it did catch and thats the main thing , and i liked its retrive right back in to the motor :thumbs: but on faster ground no chance

heres a border whippet bitch I bred accidently 3 yrs ago

025.jpg

i like that bro,,, it looks a proper pesters dog :thumbs: met a chap in norfolk :guitar:

a few year back that had some border/lakie cross whip, and some 3/4 whipp x bord/lakie , i liked those as well