Just wondering roughly how much people charge for mole work in other parts of the country. I work in Shropshire and the farmers especially want you to work for practically FA. Even though I suppose its a regional thing I'm always interested to see if I'm roughly in line with others.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mate of mine does it and charges £50 per mole...dont know if thats cheap or expensive as i know feck all about moles lol.

WHAT 50 A MOLE IL HAVE SOME OF THAT 10 TO 15 QUID UP THIS WAY SOME PEOPLE DO CHARGE ABOUT 40

FOR A RESIDENTIAL CALL OUT THAT WERE THE MONEY IS

Thats what he charges for a residential call out...not sure what he does for farms/golf courses etc

Without meening to sound a complete and utter twat...although I think I will lol....

I do live in surrey :icon_redface: Yep, I do sound a snobby twat saying that lol. Full of very rich people, unfortunatly I am not one of them lol...

atb,

Sir Hob&Jill :tongue2:

Edited by Hob&Jill

i catch moles up here in yorkshire, i charge £15 trap setting fee and £15 per mole plus 60p a mile for fuel. i charge a set price for farmers, depending on the size of the problem, i.e.. £120 a week or £25 an hour regardless of the amount of moles i catch.

farmers are tight buggers so you gota make them think there getting a bargain, you can catch well over a hundred on a good farm maybe double that, so your guna be trying to get a £1000,00 or more of him. good luck.

I don't think I'm far off then. I've been charging £ for gardens including the first mole then £ for each extra mole. Farmers round here (SW shropshire) prefer to pay by the mole rather than the hour and don't expect to pay any more than £ a mole. I think I need to move to the South of England - £50 a mole and if the media are to be believed full of people who give up lucrative jobs like accountancy to be molecatchers and within a few months are turning away work. Give me some of that !

Out of interest where do you find you get most of your work from - word of mouth, yellow pages, website etc ?

Edited by Shrophunter

I don't think I'm far off then. I've been charging £30 for gardens including the first mole then £10 for each extra mole. Farmers round here (SW shropshire) prefer to pay by the mole rather than the hour and don't expect to pay any more than £5 a mole. I think I need to move to the South of England - £50 a mole and if the media are to be believed full of people who give up lucrative jobs like accountancy to be molecatchers and within a few months are turning away work. Give me some of that !

Out of interest where do you find you get most of your work from - word of mouth, yellow pages, website etc ?

i'm a member of THE BRITSH TRADITIONAL MOLECATCHERS REGISTER, i get 25% of my jobs from people loggin on to there web site, i also put posters up in garden centre's, farm supply shops and drop a flyer through the letter box of places i see mole hills.

I looked at BTMR but was put off by the cost. I joined the Guild of British Molecatchers instead and started their free accreditation process. I'm thinking of doing a website through Vistaprint - free for a month then £2.99 a month thereafter and you can cancel any time. I'm sure it'll be pretty basic but if it does the job ......

All the best

I looked at BTMR but was put off by the cost. I joined the Guild of British Molecatchers instead and started their free accreditation process. I'm thinking of doing a website through Vistaprint - free for a month then £2.99 a month thereafter and you can cancel any time. I'm sure it'll be pretty basic but if it does the job ......

All the best

i'm a level 3 accredited member also on the giuld, working for me master molecatcher, not had much work from them tho. you learn more about the mole than you do at BTMR, it helps alot when your customers start asking you questions about them, let me know how the website goes as i'v not got one yet it sounds interesting.

we often get a difference in prices throughout the country, I charge £90 per mole job, thats a minimum of 3 visits, paid on 1st visit, which breaks down to £30 per visit, but thats it, until the mole hills stop appearing, so sometimes it's 4 visits, but no extra charge.

I dont know if thats too cheap or too dear, but I have a regular customer that calls me up every time he, or his family have a problem.

as for websites, check this one out

http://www.wix.com/

it dont cost you anything :thumbs:

we often get a difference in prices throughout the country, I charge £90 per mole job, thats a minimum of 3 visits, paid on 1st visit, which breaks down to £30 per visit, but thats it, until the mole hills stop appearing, so sometimes it's 4 visits, but no extra charge.

I dont know if thats too cheap or too dear, but I have a regular customer that calls me up every time he, or his family have a problem.

as for websites, check this one out

http://www.wix.com/

it dont cost you anything :thumbs:

:thumbs::yes:

think 45 is to chaep trapper, if ya make 3-4 visits ya made nowt,

If anyone is thinking about setting up a web site I'd check this site out first - www.gbbo.co.uk

Got mine for 2 years , loads of help on line and I found it easy to set up. Difficult bit was choosing my web address , seemingly Woodside is a popular name for Pest Control companies.