working wheaten lines

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two brothers in the picture ,Wheaten Cross both know there game .Black Lad is quiet as lamb with people and other dogs,Grey fella can be dog aggressive and people he isnt fimilar with he has to be wat

Border X Wheaten, first cross. Bit too big for some earths but was game, pic is about 15 yrs ago. I don't post much anymore but reason I'm on this thread is I'm looking for a Wheaten or a X similar to

There still som men out there that will Only keep working Wheaton and are not knowing at all and they will bring it to ground with them Because it's. There old way. The Wheaton is fa

Posted Images

Side view.

looks like a touch of bedlington in there mate

I believe they used Bedlington to shorten the back after the Alsatian was added ............

blink.gif

I was joking of course.

What makes you say Bedlington?

it's just the colour mate i know they do change colour but any young dogs i seen are more of a red colour it could just be the pic but it looks like it has the blue /chocolate colour that you get with beddys

Side view.

I believe they used Bedlington to shorten the back after the Alsatian was added ............

blink.gif

I was joking of course.

it's just the colour mate i know they do change colour but any young dogs i seen are more of a red colour it could just be the pic but it looks like it has the blue /chocolate colour that you get with beddys

I guess only time will tell on that then, he's quite light underneath already, but does have a blue/grey cast to his head.

Side view.

blink.gif

I was joking of course.

I guess only time will tell on that then, he's quite light underneath already, but does have a blue/grey cast to his head.

saying that some wheaten lines have glen in the mix which could throw that blue

weatons cant be trusted around small children never mind live stock

Got mine from a lad called Francis, dead now god rest his soul. She was about 18"tts 40lb, she could be trusted, trusted to bite anything with a pulse! Got it back at around two years old, lovely bitch around people it knew but totally aggressive towards anything else and I mean anything. I didn't need to be otherwise and I didn't have the needed time to socialize it.

Absolutely top guard dog, always used to jump high for a bite and I mean head height, bit seven people in a day once, oops!

It was always kept away from children and animals.

Edited to say I think she would of made some good running dogs, she was agile and fine in bone.

qiqq remember her well used to stay with me when you were on holidays locked up in secure kennel well away from my dogs well bred she came from my home town portadown and from what francis told me all the litter mates were good strong animals

• Like 1
Guest alcapone

I can assure you strong stuff there is nothing but weeton in the pup you have I've witnessed both parents work every weekend properly as well

I always thought you got your pup out the free ads strong stuff and never seen the parents?

I can assure you strong stuff there is nothing but weeton in the pup you have I've witnessed both parents work every weekend properly as well

I always thought you got your pup out the free ads strong stuff and never seen the parents?

I did get him out of the free ads.

I rang the number, spoke to a girl and arranged to meet her to go and see the litter.

She turned up, with one pup, I didn't buy it.

Then a lad off here contacted me and said the bloke who bred the pups was getting his daughter to sort it out as he'd been having trouble, the lad said he'd seen both parents work, as did another lad I contacted once I knew who was selling the pups.

I spoke to the bloke who keeps the parents of my pup, he seemed right enough, re arranged to meet him, he didn't show, but sent his daughter again with a different pup (the biggest boldest one he said) and the sire to the pups.

I bought my pup.

Absolutely NOT an ideal way to get a new dog, but it was 2 days after I'd had my lurcher pts after a road accident and I wasn't thinking straight, given the same situation again I wouldn't buy another dog that way.

I'd say I've been lucky, only time will tell.

Plenty of lads have since spoken up for the owner of the parents of my pup and said they've seen the parents work and work hard.

Like I said though, only time will tell, and if I've made a mistake then it's on my shoulders.

:thumbs:

• Like 2

Side view.

Thats an otter hound, nah just joking. Years ago a fella I knew well had a wheaten and the red in its coat was stronger and redder than the shade of red in yours. The colour wheaten goes from the lightest to the reddest.You get it in Glenns aswell.Theres loads of different shades of wheaten colour.It looks a strong dog.Good luck with him.

Not so ginger now ............ :boogie:

He's not looking very happy though hahahaha

ah the poor thing, i wonder what your old pal countryboyo would have to say about your pup, with all his wisdom and experience. hes a strong looking pup. What weight is he do you know.

• 2 weeks later...