working wheaten lines

beeding heck. are they really as game as people say??? its unreal, would love to see one in the flesh.

how are they put together???....i mean, how did the breed come about?

is there any good boojks on them? i think it could make good reading.

thznks guys

john boy

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two brothers in the picture ,Wheaten Cross both know there game .Black Lad is quiet as lamb with people and other dogs,Grey fella can be dog aggressive and people he isnt fimilar with he has to be wat

Border X Wheaten, first cross. Bit too big for some earths but was game, pic is about 15 yrs ago. I don't post much anymore but reason I'm on this thread is I'm looking for a Wheaten or a X similar to

There still som men out there that will Only keep working Wheaton and are not knowing at all and they will bring it to ground with them Because it's. There old way. The Wheaton is fa

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Diddycye line

was there a dash of staff in the diddycye dogs?

In all the years I visited with T.L. I never saw another wheaten in his yard but Diddycye Finn, ( their spelling ) or Bruce as he was called when owned by D.G. in Northern Ireland before T.L. bought him.

He was bred in Portadown out of a wheaten bitch who's name I don't know, sired by Lance....a very good working dog owned in the North. I always thought Lance was a son of Handy, (Red Hand of Ulster, certifying E.B.T. ) but have since been told he was a grandson of Handy, therefore 3/4 wheaten. That makes Finn 7/8 wheaten.

Edited by BOLIO1
  • Like 1

I've weetons and there belting animals I've been lucky all are steady with other dogs the bitch can be a bit funny around grub but other than that spot on we never have them tied up when around the earth and have them out as young ens sniffing about and listening to the action one thing is though I hope they don't become the new pit bull with the recent publication about heavy dogs being out a few month ago all I seem to hear is weetonthis weeton that of late