Carl Williams

4 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Aye I know it wasn’t a trick question mate and I’m not being funny. Just my thinking is this - if you breed a decent litter there is usually a fair bit of thinking and planning that goes into it. Assuming you have any mates who are serious into running their dogs, which I’d think most folk have a few ? Maybe not, but I’ve a few and I’m chronically anti social ? then my thinking was, if you’ve planned the breeding and the dogs are decent etc, you’d be able to put a few about with your circle? obviously the litters of 10, 13 etc are a bit of a nightmare. But 6,7, 8 pups, you’d like to think you’d be able to home them in good places? if not like You said, what do you do ? Not good at all culling healthy pups, wouldn’t be for me, and selling them at £1000 a piece is out to, as is selling to a random off internet selling site for £200 as they sell it on. Hard one isn’t it. But then again, how many times do you see a real nice litter and the answer is ..... no spare pups, with lots after them. So some folk do manage to breed quality litters and get them into good homes. Me, I just rely on being given pups by folk who know what they doing  ? 

I was having a similar chat with a friend at the weekend it steamed down to the same thing as what we’re saying tbh mate I don’t think none of it’s easy at all what ever way you look at it an at a risk weather selling ,gifting to people you may know or friends of friends or selling to friends cheap pups are always going to be easy to home an in demand if there v cheap or free every one wants one as it’s a dispensable gift with nothing lost if it don’t work out. my friend who was not in to the idea off culling shocked me with something that’s happened recently I won’t go in to no detail on it as it’s not my business but all I’ll say is it’s a shitty move an I think anyone would agree any way even they have turned round an said breed for what you need sort close or trusted people you can ? rely on in close proximity out a pup cull the remaining not worth the bother an that’s from someone who didn’t agree on culling who owns  a very well known great dog that gets about. Crazy times ain’t it this price rise in dogs/pups got everybody moving mentally 

• Like 1

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A line is only worth its name if it used extensively,...poor performers need to be removed and young stock should only be offered to men that can enter them sensibly, and test them to the full over a

Got to laugh...pulling up threads from 10 yrs back ...in the hope some mug blows some smoke up his arse? If he was the real deal...then he wouldn't of had a 10 yr break... dogs are a way of life

Problem with the lurcher game is that whilst it is full of passion and thrills,..it can also bring Heartache and sadness.. I'm sure we have all,..been there...? I've been around hunting dogs

Posted Images

On 22/05/2021 at 07:46, Gilbey said:

@mC HULL's dad bred Luke..

No speak your minds boys everyone is clearly  entitled to their opinion but these hybrids are an end product  if any other breeding ingredients are used then its not true to type  simple as that.me and date Hancock are relatively good friends and  he's bred some good stuff on a commercial bases I don't end ov!! If one foolishly   allows  anything else to the whippet x greyhound longdog  then this is a risk of losing confirmation, shape,depth of chest   and therefore  I choose to breed true to type in so far as  the type of bloodline  i personally choose to use.Hancock is a collie x greyhound lurcher breeder using only certain breeding ingredients  suchlike collie bred lurchers and despite ones opinion of him i like the guy and some real handy collie bred lurchers have been bred and subsequently  produced by Hancock!remember the first cross whippet x greyhound longdog is a very useful hybrid providing  one chooses to use them for the right job the most appropriate expression to use in this matter.The three quarter bred is  somewhat a totally different  kettle of fish lightning quick with electrifying pace  and zest in the coursing field. Yours in sport Carl Williams bowline whippet x greyhounds longdogs. 

3 minutes ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

No speak your minds boys everyone is clearly  entitled to their opinion but these hybrids are an end product  if any other breeding ingredients are used then its not true to type  simple as that.me and date Hancock are relatively good friends and  he's bred some good stuff on a commercial bases I don't end ov!! If one foolishly   allows  anything else to the whippet x greyhound longdog  then this is a risk of losing confirmation, shape,depth of chest   and therefore  I choose to breed true to type in so far as  the type of bloodline  i personally choose to use.Hancock is a collie x greyhound lurcher breeder using only certain breeding ingredients  suchlike collie bred lurchers and despite ones opinion of him i like the guy and some real handy collie bred lurchers have been bred and subsequently  produced by Hancock!remember the first cross whippet x greyhound longdog is a very useful hybrid providing  one chooses to use them for the right job the most appropriate expression to use in this matter.The three quarter bred is  somewhat a totally different  kettle of fish lightning quick with electrifying pace  and zest in the coursing field. Yours in sport Carl Williams bowline whippet x greyhounds longdogs. 

I can’t work out if this is a joke or you are an idiot ? Greyhounds and whippets are fast. No sh*t. Litters of grews are typey. No sh*t. Your line is based on a first x between a whippet and a grey, but you’ve not bred it yet and Hancock is your hero. Go to bed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

@mC HULL's dad bred B

Breeding the various lurcher types and longdog/hybrids of various breeding ingredients is by far very much hard work and particularly much patience if one endeavour to prevail his or hers chosen running dogs.One must have a real full hearted plan in their head to make the right decision and attitude to continue a breeding project regardless as to what one chooses to attempt breeding lurcher types or longdog strains. Ones kennels should be immaculately kept very much on top and in tip top condition before even attempting to begin the process of a breeding project  for to be perfectly honest and truly trusted as a reputable breeding authoritie do your homework first and then you should have a good honest plan ? ? ahead

1 minute ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

Breeding the various lurcher types and longdog/hybrids of various breeding ingredients is by far very much hard work and particularly much patience if one endeavour to prevail his or hers chosen running dogs.One must have a real full hearted plan in their head to make the right decision and attitude to continue a breeding project regardless as to what one chooses to attempt breeding lurcher types or longdog strains. Ones kennels should be immaculately kept very much on top and in tip top condition before even attempting to begin the process of a breeding project  for to be perfectly honest and truly trusted as a reputable breeding authoritie do your homework first and then you should have a good honest plan ? ? ahead

Who the f*ck wants to be truly trusted as a reputable breeding authority?

Its 2021 now mate there's lines 50 year non stop hare killers you would never replicate what has took great dogmen  years to end up with 

I'd just get a dog mate enjoy hunting with it ? 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

listen butt you're welcome to speak hunting and breeding types of dogs but to me you sound a fully fledged funking Betty the type of person who likes banter now f**k off im bizzy

You’re either a member on here having a good laugh and keeping us entertained for the summer, or you’re a very strange human being. My guess is that it’s the former, and the closest thing you’ve come to a ‘bow line’, is the row of empty strong bow cans lined up in front of you. 

• Haha 5
4 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

You’re either a member on here having a good laugh and keeping us entertained for the summer, or you’re a very strange human being. My guess is that it’s the former, and the closest thing you’ve come to a ‘bow line’, is the row of empty strong bow cans lined up in front of you. 

It’s got to be a piss take this hasn’t it!?? .... wats the topless shot in the middle in aid of ??? think that one was meant for grinder ??

• Haha 2

@mC HULL's dad bred B

One must clearly be aware that there will always appear to be someone who knows everything about the lurcher types and longdog strains coupled to the fact they will seemingy try their hardest to critise slag you off,or just want a bit of foolish banter with someone or other despite the fact one has previously had accurate information and written evidence and documentation on a piticualar lurcher types or longdog strain.One could possibly have a real resistance to such foolish critics such as myself  this is a real subsequent factor as to why i never ever rise for the bait anrdd bite hard!!! Providing that you are relatively happy and the dog you keep  is somewhat a very useful satisfying hunting companion then that is all that counts....ignore those who