Carl Williams

19 minutes ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

Breeding the various lurcher types and longdog/hybrids of various breeding ingredients is by far very much hard work and particularly much patience if one endeavour to prevail his or hers chosen running dogs.One must have a real full hearted plan in their head to make the right decision and attitude to continue a breeding project regardless as to what one chooses to attempt breeding lurcher types or longdog strains. Ones kennels should be immaculately kept very much on top and in tip top condition before even attempting to begin the process of a breeding project  for to be perfectly honest and truly trusted as a reputable breeding authoritie do your homework first and then you should have a good honest plan ? ? ahead

hey up Carl can I ask you are starting from scratch is there nothing out there from your original stuff and how many lining does it take for it to become your line sorry only read last couple of pages

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A line is only worth its name if it used extensively,...poor performers need to be removed and young stock should only be offered to men that can enter them sensibly, and test them to the full over a

Got to laugh...pulling up threads from 10 yrs back ...in the hope some mug blows some smoke up his arse? If he was the real deal...then he wouldn't of had a 10 yr break... dogs are a way of life

Problem with the lurcher game is that whilst it is full of passion and thrills,..it can also bring Heartache and sadness.. I'm sure we have all,..been there...? I've been around hunting dogs

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

No speak your minds boys everyone is clearly  entitled to their opinion but these hybrids are an end product  if any other breeding ingredients are used then its not true to type  simple as that.me and date Hancock are relatively good friends and  he's bred some good stuff on a commercial bases I don't end ov!! If one foolishly   allows  anything else to the whippet x greyhound longdog  then this is a risk of losing confirmation, shape,depth of chest   and therefore  I choose to breed true to type in so far as  the type of bloodline  i personally choose to use.Hancock is a collie x greyhound lurcher breeder using only certain breeding ingredients  suchlike collie bred lurchers and despite ones opinion of him i like the guy and some real handy collie bred lurchers have been bred and subsequently  produced by Hancock!remember the first cross whippet x greyhound longdog is a very useful hybrid providing  one chooses to use them for the right job the most appropriate expression to use in this matter.The three quarter bred is  somewhat a totally different  kettle of fish lightning quick with electrifying pace  and zest in the coursing field. Yours in sport Carl Williams bowline whippet x greyhounds longdogs. 

Deja vu ?

I like whip grey's but personally think whip grey X lurchers are better/better suited ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

Breeding the various lurcher types and longdog/hybrids of various breeding ingredients is by far very much hard work and particularly much patience if one endeavour to prevail his or hers chosen running dogs.One must have a real full hearted plan in their head to make the right decision and attitude to continue a breeding project regardless as to what one chooses to attempt breeding lurcher types or longdog strains. Ones kennels should be immaculately kept very much on top and in tip top condition before even attempting to begin the process of a breeding project  for to be perfectly honest and truly trusted as a reputable breeding authoritie do your homework first and then you should have a good honest plan ? ? ahead

28 minutes ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

Cheers ??‍♂️ but I've always bought pups in and don't have kennels...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Deja vu ?

I like whip grey's but personally think whip grey X lurchers are better/better suited ?

A old lad I knew kept grew x collies of various xs over the years the collie added a lot to the grew 

• Like 3

Who remembers a real good whippet x greyhound longdog SABRE  from the Gloucestershire area who was around in that era.supposedly a real legend of a longdog strain!! Maybe those who bought and read the subsequent readership in the shooting news back in the days so to speak if I actually remember correctly by all accounts it was something really special in the hunting field.Now before we get the latest critics writing foolish banter those who weren't even aware of such a real good longdog...Then please f**k off because your full of shit  writing pathetic unsubstantiated  foolish statements in these forms as I've previously been made aware of with crap replies that ? are relatively very childish unsubstantiated and written evidence that is equipped with stupidly foolish banter from children of the fields. I remember correctly that Brian plummer wrote an article on this particular hybrid with a fully fledged review on SABRE .He was game keen and  ery honest with a real good ? vibrant to hunt instinctually from its inherited whippet sire and its lightning quick greyhound dam.Now particular status on plummer was very often badmouthing  his accounts and readership in the many   considerable amounts of  books and magazines that he wrote for....why was this particular issue a factor...maybe because he knew how to educate and put pen to paper. ?Then those who bought and read the subsequent readership stories he published were undoubtedly very envious and jealous of this Welsh man who i regarded as a piticualar individual with a reseviour of knowledge on most dogs.SABRE was a truly fantastic and very useful hybrid providing one with fantastic sport in the coursing and lamping field. BY all accounts he had a number of complimentary comments written with evidence as to how this dog performed. I am however very much interested to have known this dog  and share your thoughts and opinion of this particular ? longdog strain.yours in sport carl Williams bowline whippet x greyhound longdogs

20210521_150011.jpg

20210521_150142.jpg

20210521_150154.jpg

20210521_153109.jpg

20210524_204333.jpg

20210524_204524.jpg

• Like 2

Got to admit your one top windup merchant its easy to spot by some of your replys and highly amusing especially as some of the replys by members are like watching a pike attack a dead bait . Funny as feck though I will give you that especially the plummer quote which is bound to trigger a feeding frenzy quicker than a chum bag in shark infested water .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Rudeboy 1 said:

Who remembers a real good whippet x greyhound longdog SABRE  from the Gloucestershire area who was around in that era.supposedly a real legend of a longdog strain!! Maybe those who bought and read the subsequent readership in the shooting news back in the days so to speak if I actually remember correctly by all accounts it was something really special in the hunting field.Now before we get the latest critics writing foolish banter those who weren't even aware of such a real good longdog...Then please f**k off because your full of shit  writing pathetic unsubstantiated  foolish statements in these forms as I've previously been made aware of with crap replies that ? are relatively very childish unsubstantiated and written evidence that is equipped with stupidly foolish banter from children of the fields. I remember correctly that Brian plummer wrote an article on this particular hybrid with a fully fledged review on SABRE .He was game keen and  ery honest with a real good ? vibrant to hunt instinctually from its inherited whippet sire and its lightning quick greyhound dam.Now particular status on plummer was very often badmouthing  his accounts and readership in the many   considerable amounts of  books and magazines that he wrote for....why was this particular issue a factor...maybe because he knew how to educate and put pen to paper. ?Then those who bought and read the subsequent readership stories he published were undoubtedly very envious and jealous of this Welsh man who i regarded as a piticualar individual with a reseviour of knowledge on most dogs.SABRE was a truly fantastic and very useful hybrid providing one with fantastic sport in the coursing and lamping field. BY all accounts he had a number of complimentary comments written with evidence as to how this dog performed. I am however very much interested to have known this dog  and share your thoughts and opinion of this particular ? longdog strain.yours in sport carl Williams bowline whippet x greyhound longdogs

20210521_150011.jpg

20210521_150142.jpg

20210521_150154.jpg

20210521_153109.jpg

20210524_204333.jpg

20210524_204524.jpg

Great post

• Haha 1

All I see is someone who fancy’s there self as a bit of a brian Plummer or David Hancock that’s trying to bum up a line that don’t exist in a aid to drum up sales for a new adventure business enterprise but as already been stated we have moved on we’re in 2021 not the early 70s people don’t fool for sales pitches no more we have courseing dogs that are line bred an very effective in saluki greyhounds we have fox an deer dogs in bull crosses that have that job in hand we also have rabbit dogs in collie an beddy xs we also have a mix of all the above an more for all rounders. If your looking up to the likes of story tellers an peddlers like handjob an bummer your adventure is a no go from the off ?? Yours in sport poxline Lurchers ? Poxon 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Why try to re-invent the wheel ?

If someone wants a dog that's bigger than a whippet, smaller than a greyhound, has insane speed and would be fine for a couple of runs on hares , get a non-ped !

Theyve been bred best to best, whippet/greyhounds, for 60 years or more.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 13

A bit of advice please from a moderator: re my earlier post about articles in the Shooting News from the early 90s, I've found the articles I was looking for and there were actually more than I thought. I've actually got nine articles and letters from Carl Williams and replies from Dave Sleight, The Warrener, Stag Carter etc. However, my question is, am I allowed to photograph them and add them to this thread or is that not permitted re copyright etc? 

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Why try to re-invent the wheel ?

If someone wants a dog that's bigger than a whippet, smaller than a greyhound, has insane speed and would be fine for a couple of runs on hares , get a non-ped !

Theyve been bred best to best, whippet/greyhounds, for 60 years or more.

Cheers.

Some people want a first cross whippet/greyhound.  I for one have had them in the past, and would choose one again over a non ped, some of which look like a gust of wind would blow them over.

• Like 1