Carl Williams

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Have a look at the prices being charged for some of these 'designer' crosses mate, it's f***ing obscene!  Two grand is cheap!

Totally agree in truth it’s idiots with to much cash buying mongrals with a silly name and no doubt when the fad wears off the pounds will be full to breaking point

• Like 1

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A line is only worth its name if it used extensively,...poor performers need to be removed and young stock should only be offered to men that can enter them sensibly, and test them to the full over a

Got to laugh...pulling up threads from 10 yrs back ...in the hope some mug blows some smoke up his arse? If he was the real deal...then he wouldn't of had a 10 yr break... dogs are a way of life

Problem with the lurcher game is that whilst it is full of passion and thrills,..it can also bring Heartache and sadness.. I'm sure we have all,..been there...? I've been around hunting dogs

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Interesting thought - what is a pet dog beloved by the whole family and providing a decades companionship, entertainment, security and exercise etc worth ? 

Looking at prices I’d say 2500/3000 lol 

to be fair a lad I no offered me a lurcher pup the other day said he had couple left he’d do me one cheap 7/800, rest sold for 900/1000, 

there doubled up fox dogs at best 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

to be fair a lad I no offered me a lurcher pup the other day said he had couple left he’d do me one cheap 7/800, rest sold for 900/1000, 

I think pets and working dogs two different things. Anyone trying to money off bumping out litters of working dogs they only bred cos prices are up ..... not for me. But any genuine lad is a bit stuck now if they have any spare pups abs don’t want to punt them for top dollar. You always run the risk of them getting sold on. Best to plan it out abs only breed what has more homes than you will have pups. 

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Not a right good pal then lol

1 hour ago, Kalibrgun said:

Not a right good pal then lol

No lol but another lad I spoke to today has told me if I want a pup I can have one out his bitch foc so still couple good uns  about 

• Like 1

I was gifted a Teckel bred from top class imported stock a while ago, and I've just been gifted a deer/grey pup from stock I admire. They will both be worked, and enjoyed ! 

Its all about the breeders and the prospective owners......are they in it for the money or the game ????

I know where I am.

Cheers.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

No lol but another lad I spoke to today has told me if I want a pup I can have one out his bitch foc so still couple good uns  about 

I got offered a pup a few week back coursing bred but no room for another a young lad who comes out with us wants an all round lamping dog so woulda been wasted with him too but it went to a good home in the end will get the runs in front of it that's for sure 

34 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

I got offered a pup a few week back coursing bred but no room for another a young lad who comes out with us wants an all round lamping dog so woulda been wasted with him too but it went to a good home in the end will get the runs in front of it that's for sure 

Still couple decent lads bout then 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Your already there mate ? worrying about were pups a going uk we worry about our pride joy up down roads stopping traffic  ??

Yeah I'm going to join PETA and fill my house with mice before they aerial bait here ?.

• Haha 1

Lol be like coursing hare  with a water pistol mate 

Honestly mate one run winter if dog didn't pull it would need carrying off field aussie mate hare just do laps till dog drops 

Open land  even happen on the lamp one run be done ?

On 23/05/2021 at 05:42, OldPhil said:

A line is only worth its name if it used extensively,...poor performers need to be removed and young stock should only be offered to men that can enter them sensibly, and test them to the full over a few seasons,...otherwise, the actual phrase means nothing...?

I've bred a few pups, and I could have bred and gifted dozens,.but as a commercial breeder of lurchers once told me, " Phil, you will never make a dog breeder, because you ask too many questions, of a prospective customer"... I rated his remarks as a great compliment....?

img Scans285.jpg

Sadly this is so true, to arrive at a type some out side that would have to be culled  & the owner would need the space & time to keep the lot of breeders and their off spring .A dog breed of two pure parents starts the breed ,and with 7 breeding's of the off spring , you have your self a pure bred dog .Of course from that point on pups that were born showing any throw backs would need to be culled to get the standard type ,same goes with any with temperament's not standard. It doesn't take long for a breed to be wrecked as we now see with so many pure bred dogs ,some are no longer fit for purpose and are well removed from the type of breed they once were .Now modern living has a lot to do with this ,no longer is a dog required to fill the pot of the poor ,or attack and half kill the thief of the rich .I think modern living sucks ,we are for the most part chasing our own tail in a never ending race ,far removed from things that we might enjoy or value, the world now runs on bull shit  .Some advice ,chase your dreams but remember you are the only one that can make them happen, so go forth & get it done .Repeating something over & over & expecting a different result is a modern day madness .