puppy prices

Guest dee mac

Just today sold a plummer terrier bitch pup, with 5 generation pedigree (but has 32 plus gens) and microchiped and wormed money back garuntee for £300 my new 2010 price. Dogs £275. Keeping her sister.

i would give a money back garuntee on my three legged goat if it was for killing rats 300 quid for a hyped up terrier that is actually a very bad copy of the proper jack russell you s guys make me laugh 5 genration pegigree is not worth the paper its wrote on 17 quid will buy you a rat trap and it will be still alive think i ll stick with it maybe even sell a few rats to you guys :clapper:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As

go away boy and don't be talking your shite on here.you know nothing about what your talking about.stay quiet your only making a fool of yourself.

Posted Images

what ever people pay nothing is a sure thing weather you pay £50 or £500

you have to put the time in with the pup to make a worker because some pups

are dearer in price dont make them any better then the cheaper verson :thumbs:

IMO the ideal situation is to get in the right circles with the right lads and once you can be trusted and a spare pup comes along you might get offered it free of charge, but it's difficult to get into them circles. I paid £150 for each of my first two terriers, both from different breeding, but both really well bred which I thought was a decent price for well bred pups, I paid £200 for my third terrier which was ten month old when I got it and also very well bred so was a decent price I thought. The first dog died to ground in his third season, the second dog entered easily and hasn't put a foot wrong yet, the third dog matured a bit later but has had three digs and looks to be on the right tracks, the money doesn't matter to me as it comes and goes and so far I have been lucky in regards to the dogs turning out decent. I am on the list for a bitch pup out of a mates bitch that is due in season shortly and that will be free of charge, and in the future if the said bitch turns out good and i breed off her, the spare pups will be going to trusted mates free of charge...

Edited by Rabbit Hunter
Guest busterdog

IMO the ideal situation is to get in the right circles with the right lads and once you can be trusted and a spare pup comes along you might get offered it free of charge, but it's difficult to get into them circles. I paid £150 for each of my first two terriers, both from different breeding, but both really well bred which I thought was a decent price for well bred pups, I paid £200 for my third terrier which was ten month old when I got it and also very well bred so was a decent price I thought. The first dog died to ground in his third season, the second dog entered easily and hasn't put a foot wrong yet, the third dog matured a bit later but has had three digs and looks to be on the right tracks, the money doesn't matter to me as it comes and goes and so far I have been lucky in regards to the dogs turning out decent. I am on the list for a bitch pup out of a mates bitch that is due in season shortly and that will be free of charge, and in the future if the said bitch turns out good and i breed off her, the spare pups will be going to trusted mates free of charge...

[/quo

to right....and well done with you're young uns..thumbs.gif

Just today sold a plummer terrier bitch pup, with 5 generation pedigree (but has 32 plus gens) and microchiped and wormed money back garuntee for £300 my new 2010 price. Dogs £275. Keeping her sister.

i would give a money back garuntee on my three legged goat if it was for killing rats 300 quid for a hyped up terrier that is actually a very bad copy of the proper jack russell you s guys make me laugh 5 genration pegigree is not worth the paper its wrote on 17 quid will buy you a rat trap and it will be still alive think i ll stick with it maybe even sell a few rats to you guys :clapper:

:doh: a rat killing three legged goat wow. :hmm: .like to see that ..does it use it feet or horns ..think youve been hanging around the goats to long ..have you a long goaty beard ..think you must be linebred to your goats ..why would i want to catch live rats ?..i preume you do ..so your goat can stomp em .. :bye:

ps in 22 years ive proably given more away than youve owned :drink:

Edited by EPTR

thats a joke in my opinion people come on here and slate nuttall gould etc for decent bred black dogs at 250 lets be honest here a plummer is a cross between a beagle and a russell theres bandy leg jack russell that everyone own one time or another that could hunt dig foxes and kill rats better than any plummer this site is a hunting forum pedigree mean shit you should be ashamed to charge 300 to anyone :wallbash::wallbash:

:doh: a rat killing three legged goat wow. :hmm: .like to see that ..does it use it feet or horns ..think youve been hanging around the goats to long ..have you a long goaty beard ..think you must be linebred to your goats ..why would i want to catch live rats ?..i preume you do ..so your goat can stomp em .. :bye:

Don't think so :drink::drink: stick to the show ring show pony :toast:

thats a joke in my opinion people come on here and slate nuttall gould etc for decent bred black dogs at 250 lets be honest here a plummer is a cross between a beagle and a russell theres bandy leg jack russell that everyone own one time or another that could hunt dig foxes and kill rats better than any plummer this site is a hunting forum pedigree mean shit you should be ashamed to charge 300 to anyone :wallbash::wallbash:

Beagle cross jacks...your talking about 30 years ago :icon_redface::clapper: you need to update yourself :wallbash: and over 100 of my customers cant be wrong :victory: ...makes me ask how many do you think nuttal has sold? ...lets face it ...you dont even get a pedigree ..some say they are mongrols and not even a line ..I WOULD'NT MIND. :thumbs:

As for being ashamed nope far from it ..good dogs are worth good money as the 100 or more customers attest..

Don't think so :drink::drink: stick to the show ring show pony :toast:

Show ring :clapper: yep show my dogs at our club show every year ..but dont go anywhere else showing aint my thing..im to busy training the terriers ,, :boxing:

Beagle cross jacks...your talking about 30 years ago :icon_redface::clapper: you need to update yourself :wallbash: and over 100 of my customers cant be wrong :victory: ...makes me ask how many do you think nuttal has sold? ...lets face it ...you dont even get a pedigree ..some say they are mongrols and not even a line ..I WOULD'NT MIND. :thumbs:

As for being ashamed nope far from it ..good dogs are worth good money as the 100 or more customers attest..

Over 100, christ on a bike what a peddler.

You cant even compare yourself with nuttal, he has gave alot more to the dogworld than your fancy russels ever could have.

What % of yours work as opposed to the % nuttal has bred?

Your pedigrees arent worth a fuuck either, paper proves nothing.

Im not going to bang on about Nuttal, because I know he fires them out too...but at least his have working blood in them.

To give a guarantee that your dogs will do rats shows what shite they really are...feck me I could buy a yorkie and be faily confident it would do rats.

FTB

Edited by FightTheBan

i dont think the guarantee is that they will do rats...i think it is a guarantee that if the pup develops any probs/owners arent happy with it or any other reason then it can be returned to the breeder...

there arent many who will guarantee any of their dogs to that level!!!!

some lads i know like to breed using working dogs to get working dogs but every now and again they get a problem thrown up that is either nipped in the bud :whistling: , or passed on.....it can happen to loads but it deffinately helps to know the pedigree of what you are breeding so that you can minimise these problems....

plenty out there do work their plummers under ground, this site has a load of posts about it, so perhaps not as bad as people think....

a lot of sh##te is talked about them [some may be deserved] but as with all the breeds a lot is how they are brought on

compared to the numbers of other breeds plummers probably come out ok....as was said on another post there are thousands of 'working' dogs out there from the other breeds, fell, jr, border etc and unfortunately only a tiny percentage of them are worked. there are only about 500 plummers in the uk [might be a bit out] and the majority of them go to working lads or lasses. some may end up as pets but a lot of them end up getting rehomed cos they become unmanageable....

each to their own i suppose....

atb

Edited by Toka

150 is a fair price and id expect to pay this for a pup,100 quid is more than fair to me....200 is pushing it and 250 is abit of a joke,but maybe 250 is nothing to some people?...its each to their own and everyones got their own opinions on it.

NOT LOOKING FOR PRAISE IVE JUST LET A WELL BRED CHOC DOG GO TO THE RIGHT PERSON FOR 80 FULLY JABBED UP FROM A VET KENNEL COUGH THE LOT WITH A HANDSHAKE TEARMS WHICH I DONT THINK HE WILL BREAK BUT IVE BEEN SHIT ON WITH A LITTLE BLACK PAT I GAVE TO A GUY MY WORD IS A CONTRACT WITH SOMEONE BUT THATS ME REGARDS DABBER

like you say everyone has a different take on it...some give em away - other refuse as too often those dogs have been spoiled perhaps by an easy come easy go mentailty. others believe in charging just to see how committed the buyer is to owning a dog. over £300 to me seems silly money at the moment but everything is relative.

cant understand people who buy a £1200 pup as a pet...that said they probably cant understand us lot buying a cheap dog and making it live outside and work etc....

atb