• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ruby Wednesday (sugar fire x greyhound)

Posted Images

i dont think he,s on whippet archives cocker he would have been 80,s 90,s ,,,,,i think he was 26/27lb but had to run 28lb class,,,and still won supreme,,,iam sure his name was bandit,,,use to read him all the time,,,fawn dog

another was a ped who was inported to canada ( snapper) pardee phoneix lines,,,,,,this dog kick ass with most sighthound lure coursing in his country,,,,,but these were diffrent times,,,,,i hope the peds get back on track,,,,and not too much show,,,,,i like the scottish ped club at momment ,,,,,,as there into dogs abbilitie and show

its the peddlars in whippets ,,,only for the coin,,,as they look bonny and arvistise to anyone,as they are an easy breed to home as they have a soft temperment,,there,s still good ones out there,barr sooty or laguna,,plls just have to look

there not for me as i like faster type,s the hare catchers if ya like,,,,,but i do like the peds,,,but dont put them on a back end season daytime hare,,,,,but they are without doubt ,,,good lamping /daytime rabbit /rat dog,,,and once in blue moon the odd hare,,,but doubtfull daytime,,,even at there coursing club events

. Was this bandit from Stoke might be different but bilko bred a dog running under bandit fawn male sure Tommy bullock bred him atb bunnys.

just reread this great topic from the beginning , some great reading nice to hear about dogs from the past and the exploits of there owners

certainly a lot different today , but I believe whippet racings still very active maybe not as many clubs but still loads racing at the weekends :thumbs:

shirebrook had a good turn out at the weekend despite the crap weather on sunday :toast:

• Like 1

just reread this great topic from the beginning , some great reading nice to hear about dogs from the past and the exploits of there owners

certainly a lot different today , but I believe whippet racings still very active maybe not as many clubs but still loads racing at the weekends :thumbs:

shirebrook had a good turn out at the weekend despite the crap weather on sunday :toast:

Yes about a 125 dogs entered, our bitch (Pennywhistle) won the upto 35lb bitch class & only 9 weeks out of season, she's looking good for the English Derby finger's crossed.

• Like 2

Ruby Wednesday (sugar fire x greyhound)attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

How old is your bitch? she's a fine looking bitch, is there any dogs out of this litter still about
Thanks, she about 8 or 9, would have to have a look. Only sibling I know would be fires lad what jims got but imagine there is others, jim also got a son out of her from hell bound, sky's lad atb Edited by Who
  • Like 1

Yes about a 125 dogs entered, our bitch (Pennywhistle) won the upto 35lb bitch class & only 9 weeks out of season, she's looking good for the English Derby finger's crossed.

Good luck with the derby, might even get down to watch it

Hopefully next year we might have something to run , just looking at the moment to see whats about

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

@ sowhat, but obviously anyone can answer lol, but whippets in general, pures and racing types, well maybe not so much racing types or grews. Do you find them faster or slower in general than whippets of say15-20 years ago? I've owned a few whippets over the years, last one about 15 years ago, and they all seemed faster than the dogs around today.

Plus, I've been arguing with my lad about the speed of whippets compared to some lurchers, and he's adamant that the whippets he's seen are slow? :rolleyes: