whats the most rabbits caught in one night

not had a big rabbit nite for a while but had 68 one nite with abeardie cross,for what its worth, but to me after i caught them i thought 68 quid same price as 2 roe but only ten minutes from house , but good fun and there were hundreds more i n fact thousands for a few years , good rabbit land ive saw thre qaurter collies catch big numbers ,greT SPORT ITS JUST APITY THE RABBIT WASNT WORTH WHAT IT SHOULD BE ,THEN IT WOULD BE AVIABLE COMODITY N numbers but good sport and great nites on good permision and some not , suffolk ws agood place but realy the wilds pf scotland had topped most places on the uk

whin get some pics of your dogs up and weres my batty?

mate :thumbs:

david

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

some cracking bags fair play :clapper: dogs perfoming well,my personal best was 12 :( but thats due to the dogs having lack of fitness and not good permission i think we will do alot better than that when we get out more,back in the day it was allways good to take a roe or two for a few quid to help towards petrol because we had to travel miles and miles :yes:.its good to see them pictures lads i hope to achive that amount one day with abit of luck :laugh:

Edited by storm323

some great catches there, :notworthy: would love to see a dog take a big haul, personaaly never had a massive haul, the ground here is very different/hard, plus the bunnys aint in massive numbers, get a well bred, fit mature lurcher running these hills that are more white with flint and chalk than mud, then the 20 bunnys become a much harder task, not allways about quantity much more about quality, , :victory:

Let me ask ye all a question then;

Why isnt anyone getting the big bags then like they did in the 70's, 80's etc, like doxhope did?

Doxhope any pictures of the dogs in question? what sort of breeding were they?

:laugh: The simple answer to that interesting query is,..DESIRE,.twinned with PASSION... :thumbs:

[i had some good bags in the 70s 80s lamping and ferreting,i had to , i needed the money,i had a young family and i got 27 pound a week sick pay,i could,nt lay bricks ,but i could catch rabbits i had a good market and got a good price,there are more rabbits about nowdays you just have to get off your arse and find them,i used to be out early evening or late night,often both ,i needed the money ,after thirty years at it i no longer need the money,so now i still go out as much as i can ,but large bags dont interest me [ though i like to read about others getting them]the same as chalkwarren,i now get as much enjoyment snaring a few or ferreting a dozen ,than i ever did knocking over 100with the dogs.To me lamping turned into work, and once i found that i could not get rid of the rabbits ,it was work i could do without.IT dont take much for an average dog to knock up a score on good land,its more down to the handler,can he carry it through,can he make the dog run when its flagging,how bad dos he want the money,with a few exceptions ,i dont think there are many on THL who are ruthless and game enough to make a good bag.

..that also WANT to amass a girt great pile of shushis....

:laugh::thumbs:

Thanks mate, as always an honest straightforward answer, which makes sense :drink:

I wonder if there are any mutant geneticly deformed lurchers out there that are catching one for the pot, which could possibly amass a mountain of shushis numbering thousands if given the opporunity. There may be enigmas born into nature.... FREAKS, which could be our canine Samson

:hmm::clapper:

Edited by cúagusgiorraí

I had some good bags in the 70s 80s lamping and ferreting,i had to , i needed the money,i had a young family and i got 27 pound a week sick pay,i could,nt lay bricks ,but i could catch rabbits i had a good market and got a good price,there are more rabbits about nowdays you just have to get off your arse and find them,i used to be out early evening or late night,often both ,i needed the money ,after thirty years at it i no longer need the money,so now i still go out as much as i can ,but large bags dont interest me [ though i like to read about others getting them]the same as chalkwarren,i now get as much enjoyment snaring a few or ferreting a dozen ,than i ever did knocking over 100with the dogs.To me lamping turned into work, and once i found that i could not get rid of the rabbits ,it was work i could do without.IT dont take much for an average dog to knock up a score on good land,its more down to the handler,can he carry it through,can he make the dog run when its flagging,how bad dos he want the money,with a few exceptions ,i dont think there are many on THL who are ruthless and game enough to make a good bag.

27 quid a week sick pay-couldnt lay bricks but could catch rabbits???