whats the most rabbits caught in one night

not had a big rabbit nite for a while but had 68 one nite with abeardie cross,for what its worth, but to me after i caught them i thought 68 quid same price as 2 roe but only ten minutes from house , but good fun and there were hundreds more i n fact thousands for a few years , good rabbit land ive saw thre qaurter collies catch big numbers ,greT SPORT ITS JUST APITY THE RABBIT WASNT WORTH WHAT IT SHOULD BE ,THEN IT WOULD BE AVIABLE COMODITY N numbers but good sport and great nites on good permision and some not , suffolk ws agood place but realy the wilds pf scotland had topped most places on the uk

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not had a big rabbit nite for a while but had 68 one nite with abeardie cross,for what its worth, but to me after i caught them i thought 68 quid same price as 2 roe but only ten minutes from house , but good fun and there were hundreds more i n fact thousands for a few years , good rabbit land ive saw thre qaurter collies catch big numbers ,greT SPORT ITS JUST APITY THE RABBIT WASNT WORTH WHAT IT SHOULD BE ,THEN IT WOULD BE AVIABLE COMODITY N numbers but good sport and great nites on good permision and some not , suffolk ws agood place but realy the wilds pf scotland had topped most places on the uk

:clapper: True words...

Scotland is God's Own Country....so much land,.so much space and variety to USE a good lurcher how is realy SHOULD be used,...So much freedom.... :thumbs:

All the best,.CHALKWARREN....(rained off)... :angry:

Scotland,.....

your alucky man to get two qiud ,i no its always better in gardens for price ,but all these lonly dark hills and moors were alive in the 80ties early ninties and the poxy game dealers were 5o p a head desperadoes onl;y the zoos in edinburgh gave you a decent price, or if you went to the track alive and boxed ,but limited,numbers these days maybe all but gone in the borders unless heavily keeperd as you have guys traveling to catch rabbits from down over the border etc for rabbits , all the best one day ill have abig rabbit nite but will have to go mfurther nortth all the best

your alucky man to get two qiud ,i no its always better in gardens for price ,but all these lonly dark hills and moors were alive in the 80ties early ninties and the poxy game dealers were 5o p a head desperadoes onl;y the zoos in edinburgh gave you a decent price, or if you went to the track alive and boxed ,but limited,numbers these days maybe all but gone in the borders unless heavily keeperd as you have guys traveling to catch rabbits from down over the border etc for rabbits , all the best one day ill have abig rabbit nite but will have to go mfurther nortth all the best

You are right Whin,the borders are poor for bunnies these days,i remember putting a lamp on where i am and the fields were lit up with eyes it was like lights on a christmas tree,all gone now

done one feid in 94 95 with p douglas we got 48 and i had another 3ooo acres to go at could had easily with dog and gun 300 easy that nite,but no prices and my mate wanted or was told dont be all nite ,had 57 one day with two colli yype lurchers and ferrets bolting them brilliant sport alas , got pennies for them , but the land had anice small river through it and had added bonuses late on for the smoke house lol

It wasnt beaten where I live matie..

and had to ammend it, it was 216 with 3 dogs..got wrong off Kevin, in my book for some reason I put 213 too, but the scores that Yella and Sophie got are the same, it was the third dog Jack that got 55

My bitch Yella got 80, my mate Kevin from Bedlington his bitch Sophie (Yellas daughter got 81 and 2 hares) at around the 50 mark each Kevin asked what we were going to do, I told him we are going to go for a number that will not be beaten for a while. We were quite away from the road, and on top of some quite big hills and we were catching rabbits, killing them and throwing them away. Bloody dogs were going for the ones we chucked and carrying them back. We brought around 150 rabbits home, when I was getting the dogs sorted the other 2 dropped all the rabbits in my yard and did off, I was on all day doing them.

I was out 2 nights later with lads from

Newbiggin..and Yella got 27

Sorry, this too had to be ammended now Ive checked my books (must be an age thing, good job I documented everything Ive done sine the 70`s)

We killed the 216 on the 1st, and on the 7th Yella got 33 and Sophie 55 that night. Two nights later Yella actually killed 9

Great to see your pics on the big bag you got on the dales..I was reading that post with interest, well done. If your ever up this neck of the woods, call in for a cuppa..

thats good going mate BIG BIG bags of bunnys that. any pics of the dogs youed like to shear mate

atb

david

this is for doxhope, and numbers, 216- 3= 72 say around 6hours,= average 5 minutes a rabbit, that is with no rest no stopping for a crack

we were out the other night, with 1 very handy dog, retrieves back to hand live, and 1 green sapling, I think we caught around 21 in 2 hours,

a very enjoyable 2 hours, the sapling accounted for 2 only the other dog had 19 ( see the photo in the collie xs, some of your numbers are hard to believe, (((( now I have been running dogs since the late 50s up to present,((( and I will say to all the young hunters, go out and enjoy yourself, wether, you nail one or 21, as long as you see your dog run well on the rabbits that are there at that time, ((((

border if somene says to me 2 pound a rabbit no questions asked well i would be scouring the country side for them but alas its alucky man to get 2 pound ,but a good rabbit is worth it like any wild game or fish its worth it as you no ,AND I CERTAINLY DO lol,all along the farm land from lauder to cafreemil was alive as they got paid for leaving setaside and well the rabbits went unchecked for a year or two and some por hill farmers never had the time to keep them down the chicken feeders or gamekeers were to bust to shoot them so came along guys like my self , but in truth 10 minytes from house roe fish or 34 mins rabbits i soon came round to the way of the shilling lol ,

Some good crack here lads and lasses, I do hope this thread stays on track with out too much silly name calling! There are some phenomanal catches from some of you boys and credit should be given where its due. We once had a hundred and tweny something one night with four dogs. The best night I had was two of us with two dogs, we had seventy three rabbits and three hares, thats when hares were legal, my dog was done in and I wouldnt have ran him anymore that night. Regards Warren