SALUKI X ROTTWEILER

i dont know if anybody else saw the advert in the recent countrymans weekly for saluki x rottweiler my first thoughts were that this was a accidental cross but then it said that they make a "great hunting dog" my thoughts were :blink: in my limitted knowledge of lurchers, i would have thought that they would have been too heavily built to get rabbits but maybe charlie?? your opinions on this cross please

atb joel

p.s he is askin 500 quid :blink:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bushing/mooching/lamping with a rottweiler....this site is losing credibility by the day!

this bitch is the result of a rottie guard dog getting on a working deerhound/greyhound and is one of the gamest dogs ive ever seen she is now hunting wild boar in france they run her with two or thre

WASTE OF FCUKING KENNEL SPACE.................................   MIND, IT'LL PAY HIS MORTGAGE FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS

Posted Images

accidental or not , these are NOT lurchers , these or NOT bred for work , PET HOMES , free to good home , if they insisted to keep them should have been the way , not charge 500 beans a pup . :blink::angry: .

what next , breeding 1 of the pups at 12 months old to another rottie , and have the 3/4 rottie 1/4 saluki , will be 100% working dogs :cry::icon_eek: .

accidental or not , these are NOT lurchers , these or NOT bred for work , PET HOMES , free to good home , if they insisted to keep them should have been the way , not charge 500 beans a pup . :blink::angry: .

what next , breeding 1 of the pups at 12 months old to another rottie , and have the 3/4 rottie 1/4 saluki , will be 100% working dogs :cry::icon_eek: .

I think you will find that they are classed as lurchers mate, as any herding or guard etc crossed with pure sighthound blood is classed as a lurcher, just like a gsd x greyhound is. But yes i do agree with you i carnt really see what the guy is trying to achieve by this mating a bit strange. :o

Edited by merle24

thanks for all yur replies, i thought they wud be crap as well, i mean charging 500 quid, but the thing is that some feckin idiot will buy one and wonder wy it is not catching rabbits : :angry: i mean if it was a staffy x saluki or doberman x saluki they might have half a chance. thanku for takin the time to reply

atb joel

i dont know if anybody else saw the advert in the recent countrymans weekly for saluki x rottweiler my first thoughts were that this was a accidental cross but then it said that they make a "great hunting dog" my thoughts were :blink: in my limitted knowledge of lurchers, i would have thought that they would have been too heavily built to get rabbits but maybe charlie?? your opinions on this cross please

atb joel

p.s he is askin 500 quid :blink:

are they yours