Running dog next to bike

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do a lot of Bikejoring with mine as well as trail Mtb’ing with the Dogs free running.  

I’m a great believer in road work, I run with mine getting them off road for part of the time so they can get a bit of pace change and interest. The road part is good for building basic cardio vascula

I got some funny looks.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, LurcherLad94 said:

i did it a fair bit last year just watch were u do because its not fun when summit jumps out infront of you had it happen a few times so gave up lol busted me self up 3 times in as many weeks,

8 hours ago, bird said:

i had similar  with my big dog Buck , had him  trotting   down the lane with me with  the bike, we were doing what called the riding trot, going good pace , he was going great, was doing this every other day  about 6 mile. the lane had few motors go down, so pulled in a bit let them pass, but in general  the dog was good. But if seen a rabbit etc, he pull after it with me still holding his lead left hand. well this one day he seen a rabbit running bottom of the edge , with a bloody cat  following it . he went fookin nuts , went flat out after them , i couldnt stop him,  he hard to hold normally  never mind on a bike ?, but brakes on feet to the floor , still couldnt  hold him back, he pulled  me and bike right into the edge . i stopped after  that , it was  to dangerous , he could pulled me into a car. so now i just  go long walks with him off the lead,  he does ok i do more miles about august  then month to get him fit  to start the season .

Never mind the videos in the quick kill thread, wouldn't mind seeing some vids of these cycling mishaps :rofl: ps it's happened to me too! 

• Like 1

I mostly run with the dog's these days but sometimes I forget there just dog's and after about 30 miles at top speed the poor buggers are knackered so I've taken to running with an old fridge on me back gi um chance like

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, sandymere said:

Your just feared, get on your bike! We expect video evidence, ( good money from You've been framed)?

I sent a tape with about 20 MTB mishaps on it to ybf, sent it back saying no good, sure I saw one of the clips on there?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
On 17/05/2018 at 14:40, LurcherLad94 said:

i did it a fair bit last year just watch were u do because its not fun when summit jumps out infront of you had it happen a few times so gave up lol busted me self up 3 times in as many weeks,

You not a fast learner then? ?

I find the bars that attach to the bike good and free up both hands. They have a strong spring inside the bar to take some of the pull if needed. Mind you I still found my bike pointing the opposite direction I was going one day lol. He trots along tidy as a rule. But you can't relax for a second much easier to stick the trainers on and go for a run. 

• Like 1