Proud to be English

37 minutes ago, WILF said:

Says a lot about how people’s mind works when the blokes who don’t approve of dead kids end up seeming to be the villains of the piece.......that’s what’s makes this forum so interesting for me.

Say your piece, mate. Whether we agree or disagree is immaterial. Speak freely while you still can and before you end up in the dock next to the bloke with the nazi pug...

21 minutes ago, Francie said:

What a absolute disgrace chris, ok the wee lad might not survive the trip to italy, but then again he might, air ambulance waiting at hospital ready to take the wee critter, an the judge denied it.

What a f***ing wanker of a man, alder hospital has given up on him, an withdrew treatment, so why has this c**t of a man denied them the right to life from elsewere, other doctors willing to give wee alfie the chance to fight, an try an treat him, im lost for words.

I think that it boils down to litigation at this point. If they let him go it's cruel and inhumane on their own say so. If he dies on the way could they face a manslaughter charge via malpractice?

I don't know how they win this one.

17 minutes ago, littlefish said:

What is likely to happen if the child is flown to Italy?

Nothing besides thoughts and prayers from what I've read so far. They'll continue to keep his care up but for how long is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can definitely understand the logic in what the doctors are saying....but speaking as a parent I'd be doing exactly what these parents are doing...I just couldn't give up on one of my kids...always

Thank you for your sentiments, Wilf, but I wasn't looking for sympathy mate. Not at all. I looked at this story, but I was also thinking of little Alfie Evans and many the many others like him. I

I'm gonna wade in here.... The waste in the NHS is fuucking disgusting! Paying ridiculous amounts to managers, stupid fees to import Drs to work the weekends from Europe and beyond, not training

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

So the judge has said the kid should die sooner rather than later and they are basically going to hold him hostage till he dies. 

Yes lad, thats excatly what there doing, f***ing disgusting to deny this to the wee lad.

7 minutes ago, Francie said:

But if the kid is still breathing on his own, they have to treat him????

Not sure here. The parents are saying that he's making significant improvements. The medical staff are saying that his brain has degenerated to the point where there isn't much of it left and it will not regenerate adding there is no cure and no hope.

Edit: Link.

Edited by ChrisJones
Hyperlink Added
1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

Not sure here. The parents are saying that he's making significant improvements. The medical staff are saying that his brain has degenerated to the point where there isn't much of it left and it will not regenerate adding there is no cure and no hope.

Edit: Link.

Surely if the kid is breathing on his own an alive , they have to treat him, they cant deny him treatment if he is alive ffs

Courts recently decided to turn off my cousins new born life support off after they well cant say too much but anyway after the machine was turned off he made bit progress was breathing by himself but they refused to give him food by tube or however they do it and he lived about 3 days and i say it this way there was a strong possibility he was starved of oxygen by malpractice

• Sad 1
13 hours ago, Francie said:

Surely if the kid is breathing on his own an alive , they have to treat him, they cant deny him treatment if he is alive ffs

I don't think they're denying him treatment, mate, they're getting to the point where his treatment is making sure he's cared for to the point of the inevitable. That kinda sounds like all they'd be doing in Italy anyway as still, no one knows what is causing his brain to eat itself.

I must admit I'm getting a little pissed at the Yank politicians using it as a dig against government-run healthcare. The issue has never been the quality of the healthcare it's the inefficiency of those holding the purse strings.

• Like 2
On 23/04/2018 at 23:18, WILF said:

I’m sorry boys, we are all different, but I want to believe that where there is life there is hope and not matter what the expense or so called quality of life that’s their little boy In there.

f***ing money and quality of life ?........they spend more on f***ing paper clips and their citizens are having to live like animals......who the f**k are some government body to decide those things. 

They are deciding for the best of the boy, they are professionals trained to deal with this sort of thing. 

Why should they keep the poor little lad in a bed his whole life just to please the parents, would you want it for your kid?

On 24/04/2018 at 06:54, dave88 said:

As I said I totally get what the doctors are saying and have no doubt about their motives behind saying it but....

Asking the lads that are parents themselves, would you accept the doctors decision or would you fight to be able to make the decision yourself? I'm with Wilf on parts of this, it doesn't sit right with me that a young couple can make a baby, bring it into the world, love and care for him and then a team of doctors and some uppity f***ing judges can make decisions like this and the parents have to like it or lump it...this is the same thing that happened to little Charlie Gard last year. Rightly or wrongly I'd feel betrayed...they've taken their son to hospital to be cared for and now the c**ts are holding him hostage and have pretty much relinquished them of their parental responsibilities. It's one of those weird arguments where you can kinda see where both sides are coming from

Yes I would I have, I'm not trained to know how to deal with it and I also couldn't put my kids through a life of pain just so I have my kids. It' selfish imo

On 24/04/2018 at 06:59, dave88 said:

Take religion, money, science and all that bollocks out of the equation for a sec. This is someone elses child...since when does 'the state' get to make decisions like this in regards to someone else's kid?, they're decent parents from what I've read....they've been told that their son is gonna die, the decision is out of their hands so put up and shut up. As I said I have no doubt the doctors have done everything they can but surely the dad's on here can understand why these parents are doing what they're doing?

I get what your saying but if the kids not fit to survive then why shouldn't the state get involved. I know it' their child but what people forget is they couldn' keep the kid alive without the doctors 

On 24/04/2018 at 14:10, WILF said:

I don’t know the exact reason but keep this in mind mate.....the NHS is a public service that that family, their family’s and their great grandchildren have and will be paying for.

This is not private and they have not run out of money.

They have no right to “withdraw treatment”......they have been paid to keep people alive so keep them alive.

For how long and for what reason? 

Just for the parents

23 hours ago, WILF said:

I think again, you have to believe that a parent wants what’s best in a situation like this above everyone, the doctors will give them the info and they decide........you can’t tell me that a high court judge and even a team of doctors who are no relation care more about welfare than the parent.

It HAS to be them and their choice all the way imho 

Maybe the do though, parents don' always look at what' best but what they believe is best .... not the same thing

Its sadly turned into a media circus now, this Wannabe lawyer unofficial legal rep for the parents is more bothered about suing the hospital than the child's welfare   , far to much addressing the '' army'' outside the hospital now for me to champion there cause, one min he is breathing on his own then in the next breath there giving the lad mouth to mouth because his lips have been turning blue. quite frankly its become to distressing to read the updates 

I genuinely feel for them as parents it will be hell on earth 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, walshie said:

I don't think it was anything to do with money. I think it's about not flogging a dead horse. As said earlier, I'm sure they could keep him alive, of sorts, for many years, but they could do that with lots of people with various brain issues or brain damage. The hospitals would be full of vegetative people, just to appease the families.

If there was a tiny chance of him getting better, I'd agree they should keep on with the treatment, but there isn't a chance of him getting better and the "treatment" is just artificially keeping him alive. It's not like they gave up at the first opportunity. This has been going on since December 2016.

I love my son more than anything on earth, but I can hand on heart say if he was in that bed, I wouldn't want him to carry on being fed through a tube, not knowing what the f**k is going on. I'd rather he was at peace than had that sort of indignity thrust on him for no other reason than me not wanting to lose him.

People are saying it's down to the parents to make the decision. I believe what's right for the poor little mite trumps anything the parents have to say.

Exactly, why artificially keep people alive just for the family ... it' cruelty 

As for the parents, your right. The parents aren' drs