Cheddar Man

A groundbreaking DNA analysis of 'Cheddar Man' has revealed that early Britons had dark skin and blue eyes, which is a reversal of what was previously thought (Light skin and brown eyes.) The findings suggest that the light skin mutation found in northern Europeans is much more recently than previously believed.

In a joint project between Britain's Natural History Museum and University College London, scientists drilled a 2mm hole into the skull and extracted bone powder for analysis.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or its amazing how they can make the public beleive anything they want them to beleive ...it was on tv must be true lol.

I'm buying some popcorn for when Francie claps eyes on this! ??

So, we were all black to start with......course we were, how obvious it all seems! Im sure it’s all very scientific and not in the least bit connected to the constant “Black Brilliant /white shit

Posted Images

I read this earlier. It's an interesting discovery.

So, what I don't get is how Sapiens arrived in Europe something like 60'000 yrs ago but didn't evolve fair skin until at least less than 10'000 years ago.... Either, I don't quite grasp what has gone off, our explanation for why Europeans developed fair skin needs looking at or this single data-point is misleading as to the truth (coincidentally an immigrant?).

• Like 1

I watched Prehistoric Autopsy on BBC4 recently.

They did reconstructions of Neanderthal and Australopithecus, going back over 3 million years - absolutely fascinating and utterly absorbing (and presented by Alice Roberts !). It really brought our ancestors 'back to life', after spans of time that we can't even begin to imagine............

so we were all darkies then....wilf is going to be so pissed....:D

what i never quite got is,,,,we came from africa supposedly and they narrowed it down to one bird,,,,think they nicknamed her eve.....but where did neandathal man come from befor

• Haha 3

The reconstruction looked like he had a face more like a North American indian /south american indian look to it but a little darker.Nothing like an African like some on the news are making out  but either way it's fascinating what information scientists can get from remains so old.

33 minutes ago, TOMO said:

what i never quite got is,,,,we came from africa supposedly and they narrowed it down to one bird,,,,think they nicknamed her eve.....but where did neandathal man come from befor

You mean Mitochondrial Eve? The most recent female ancestor common to us all, essentially the great (many greats) grandmother of all living humans. She was just an ancestor of ours, not the first or anything. Neanderthal was a sister species or possibly subspecies to us Homo Sapien Sapien.

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

California ?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Deadeye18 said:

The reconstruction looked like he had a face more like a North American indian /south american indian look to it but a little darker.Nothing like an African like some on the news are making out  but either way it's fascinating what information scientists can get from remains so old.

in a different article I read it said his ancestors had migrated from the middle east in to europe after the ice age

17 minutes ago, greg64 said:

in a different article I read it said his ancestors had migrated from the middle east in to europe after the ice age

I wouldn't put it past the media to spin it anyway they can to make the whole story as PC as possible. Anything to promote the vision of us all being the same worldwide.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

You mean Mitochondrial Eve? The most recent female ancestor common to us all, essentially the great (many greats) grandmother of all living humans. She was just an ancestor of ours, not the first or anything. Neanderthal was a sister species or possibly subspecies to us Homo Sapien Sapien.

Many species of hominoid and human have existed, over millions of years, often simultaneously. Each took their own evolutionary course, but we (homo sapiens) are the only surviving species. 

Many of us, however, still carry traces of Neanderthal DNA - (insert punchline here)............

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

Many species of hominoid and human have existed, over millions of years, often simultaneously. Each took their own evolutionary course, but we (homo sapiens) are the only surviving species. 

Many of us, however, still carry traces of Neanderthal DNA - (insert punchline here)............

I wasnt going to confuse matters by mentioning that! LOL

Around the world different populations of humans have other human species (e.g. Denisovan) in them from prehistoric hybridisation.