Any clues ?

3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Cats also have nails that they keep retracted unless walking in mud or snow, so don't write them off for the claws, the three lobes on the back pad are far more confirmation than claws, another simple test I do when I,m out is to make a cross on the pad inside the outer toes if the cross does not touch the rear pad its canine if you can't make a cross without going over the rear pad probably a cat, simple, also the badger being killed by other badgers would carry some weight due to the time of year etc but not with a single bite right down through its skull it should have signs on its face, these are tough creatures which can and do scrap like feck 

The chances are those prints are a dog.

I didn't say the badger was killed by badgers, simply eaten by them. There isn't sufficient evidence to even hazard a guess what killed it.

• Like 2

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or died of shame

This always becomes an interesting topic , 1 which I'm interested in even though if I had too bet on big cat / cats being here I'd say no but that's just my opinion which proves / means nothing , Grey

Easy 

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

The chances are those prints are a dog.

I didn't say the badger was killed by badgers, simply eaten by them. There isn't sufficient evidence to even hazard a guess what killed it.

By using the cross technique I have to agree with you about the print being canine but regarding the badger I,ve only showed you two pics there are many other things to look at when you find a carcass the marks in the grass and other things tell a story of what happened this badger was killed as he left his sett and dragged into a field before being consumed, I, am actually considered quite good at what I do really, any ways a flat battery and a hot bath beacons 

6 minutes ago, Greyman said:

By using the cross technique I have to agree with you about the print being canine but regarding the badger I,ve only showed you two pics there are many other things to look at when you find a carcass the marks in the grass and other things tell a story of what happened this badger was killed as he left his sett and dragged into a field before being consumed, I, am actually considered quite good at what I do really, any ways a flat battery and a hot bath beacons 

With respect, you're presenting evidence for us to assess. You can't expect us to just accept your own conclusion on evidence only you have been privy to.

• Thanks 1

how have none of you lot got it correct yet?  its easy,  somebody has clearly let a Chernobyl hedgehog go into the countryside and its getting revenge on the disease carrying basstards for turning his type inside out,  like the hedgehog hulk, badger tried to eat him, made him angry and he hog hulked and gave the badger a taste of his own medicine. case closed

51 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

With respect, you're presenting evidence for us to assess. You can't expect us to just accept your own conclusion on evidence only you have been privy to.

True 

1 minute ago, South hams hunter said:

So what do you think it is @Greyman because it doesn' look like a cat kill or print to me

Are you asking about the fox or the badger? 

49 minutes ago, mackem said:

Nice map on here showing territories of cats,very interesting.Theres a link at the top of that page showing a tracker finding fresh prints and his dogs baying the cat up a tree.

http://santacruzpumas.org/puma-tracker/

Cheers, some of the group actually go over and spend three months with the mounting lion group in America they have some kind of conference every few years, I am to near towns and motorways to run hounds unfortunately but I have thought of training a scat dog which they also use a lot, interesting little point raised regarding the burying of prey, it does happen over here but is much rarer as is leopards taking there prey up trees and the general consensus from both sides of the Atlantic is its a lack of competition in England means they don't need to hide there food, the puma has bears to contend with and leopards usually have a  variety of animals waiting to steal there food were as here if they do excist they are the very top of the food chain as the badger just found out so don't need to hide food?  

This always becomes an interesting topic , 1 which I'm interested in even though if I had too bet on big cat / cats being here I'd say no but that's just my opinion which proves / means nothing , Greyman you enjoy your pursuit of the big cat and that's all that matters really , I for 1 am always interested in your topics on the subject !! 

• Like 8