Rabbits in shopping trolley

Was driving from Spaxton to North Petherton through the lanes when I passed a gate way. Had a double take then slammed the brakes on and reversed. Got out and there is a shopping trolley with 4 dead rabbits in it and another one on the floor. Looked over the gate and there were a couple more in there as well. Thought well they can't stay there so I throw them in the field out off view. They had all been shot in the head. They had all been shot with an air rifle. Now I'm thinking if you had permission to shoot on some ones land you wouldn't dump what you have just shot in the gate way in a shopping trolley, so I'm thinking it must be some one with out permission that's done it, unless it was someone with perm that's a retard. I didn't have time but I'm going to see if I can find out who the field belongs to and show them the pictures I took. If they're up for it I'll stop round there when I can, I shoot not far from there some times, and have a look out with the night vision. If I see any one out there I'll give the Police a call. It pisses me off when I see shit like this. It's irresponsible people that are going to make sub 12ftlb air rifles only available with a licence. They wouldn't have even been eaten by a fox or badger in a bloody shopping trolley. They would ave rotted and stank........TWATS!

DSCF1792.JPG

DSCF1794.JPG

DSCF1796.JPG

Its something Ive noticed but Id like to ask, why don't you guys field dress the rabbits as you go ? I see a lot of pictures of rabbits at the end of a days sport ungutted ,it seems a waste as at that stage they wouldn't be good table food .Unremoved Rabbit guts fills with gas & makes the animal smell bad even if it's being kept for ferret food .

Edited by toolebox

I went to see a farmer about a new permission on his fields the other day, and he said he had no problem as I have a good rep with other farmers who recommended me before. A good reputation and a good word travels around. I have another 1,000-odd acres of farmland and woods to shoot over. Sorted.

Any other lad trying to get permission on this one, he said he would turn away. All because of his bad experiences with people who, he's let come on and bugger it all up with damage to his fences, gates, and  strewn carcases of vermin left to rot.

The more this century rolls on, the more disheartned I become, with the actions and behaviour in certain people now. It's always someone elses responsibility to clear up the shit these tossers leave in their wake. There's a bin liner full of crap left here too.

I'd really like to take a good look at the lowlife scum who live this way and foist their filthy, worthless bloody existences on the rest of us. They're getting too many in number for comfort  these days.

And already stuffing this sport up for many decent lads who'd respect the countryside and shoot responsibly for some cracking permission. I bloody despair.

Air rifle licensing? Only decent law-abiding folk who act and behave responsibly and respectfully will respond to licencing their air rifles and carry on, as inoffensively and correctly as they always have. What good will it do for scumbags who'll get hold of an air rifle by any means necessary? How do you legislate for morons?

• Like 5
6 hours ago, toolebox said:

Its something Ive noticed but Id like to ask, why don't you guys field dress the rabbits as you go ? I see a lot of pictures of rabbits at the end of a days sport ungutted ,it seems a waste as at that stage they wouldn't be good table food .Unremoved Rabbit guts fills with gas & makes the animal smell bad even if it's being kept for ferret food .

Most of us do. I do.

This time of year, they'll be tied up somewhere while I carry on hunting. When I'm done, they'll be taken down, photographed, then gutted and bagged :thumbs:

The picture in the original post looks like someone may have been disturbed before they could gather up what they'd shot.

Looks a bit of a dumping/ flytipping spot from the photies? Possibly shot on another perm and flung out of boot of car on the way home in the wee small hours because the lazy twat doesn't eat it or couldn't be arsed to prep it when he got in?? Bloody daft thing to do and a waste whatever the excuse!

9 hours ago, toolebox said:

In the colder weather  it is better to allow your rabbits too cool down before you drain and gut them

9 hours ago, toolebox said:

Most of us do field dress them that way no shit go,s home with you

and Steg may be spot on with his post looks like they have been thrown out of a car and some landed in the trolley the rest on the ground and some over the fence or hedge.

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: 

GEDC0029.JPG

• Like 1

In the 60s  i was driving through a village in the Vale of Belvoir and came across  six rabbits  in about thirty yards of road ,i  stopped and picked them all up  and i wondered for years why the were there then in the 80s me and a mate were shooting from the roadside  got spotted by the law , we shot offand on the second bend  i threw the Rifle out further up the road i threw some Hares out too and in an instant i knew how those rabbits got there,  a couple of minutes later the cops had turned around and caught up with us , my mate got done for car related things  and i got glared at , if we had been caught with the gun i would have gotten 6 Months instantly.

• Haha 1