Doctor Who..........?

Bit strange making a thread about a show you don't watch or care about :blink::laugh:

Why are folk so sure this is going to kill the show? I don't really know much about Jodie Whittaker but I assume she's a crap actress if folk are so sure this will be the death of the show without even seeing how she performs in the role?

I watched t when I was a kid, and when it was first resurrected - Christopher Ecclestone was very underrated, in my opinion, but David Tennant and Billie Piper had something very special going on ! Superb on-screen chemistry !

Jodie Whittaker won wide acclaim for her role in "Broadchurch" (which I did NOT watch !), and she was very good in "Attack the Block", which I rate.........

.....so there ! :p

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bloody women drivers ! She only got it last night......  

Totally agree, there was all that crap last year when one of the harry potter characters was played by a black woman on stage...load of bollocks from sad fuckers with nowt else to moan about

The character is called "The Doctor" - no gender indicated ! The character of "The Master" was changed from a man to a woman, and it attracted no attention whatsoever......   There's lots of women c

Posted Images

Bit strange making a thread about a show you don't watch or care about :blink::laugh:

Why are folk so sure this is going to kill the show? I don't really know much about Jodie Whittaker but I assume she's a crap actress if folk are so sure this will be the death of the show without even seeing how she performs in the role?

I watched t when I was a kid, and when it was first resurrected - Christopher Ecclestone was very underrated, in my opinion, but David Tennant and Billie Piper had something very special going on ! Superb on-screen chemistry !

Jodie Whittaker won wide acclaim for her role in "Broadchurch" (which I did NOT watch !), and she was very good in "Attack the Block", which I rate.........

.....so there ! :p

Christopher Eccleston was the only one of the new series I watched all the way through. I thought he was fecking brilliant, definitely underrated :yes:

Never watched Broadchurch but have heard nothing but good things about it, I'm sure if she was good in that she'll give Dr Who a good go :thumbs:

Edited by BGD
  • Like 1

The last Doctor Who I remember enjoying was the one with Sylvester McCoy at the intergalactic circus. I rewatched some of it recently and it was a lot of pish :D Deffo better with Buck Rogers.

it won't die because she's s woman it'll get the viewers back watching as well as giving the geeks something to wank over but once the hype has died down so will the viewing figures

:thumbs::yes:

I wanted to see them cast Richard Ayoade as The Doctor... :rolleyes:

Like most on here I grew up with the older ones but I was watching them when Tom Baker was The Doctor. I only ever saw the other's in repeats. Fast forward to Christopher Ecclestone they managed to reboot it extremely well and I was able to introduce my kids to what had been dating very badly as Sylvester McCoy was wrapping it up when it got cancelled. Had many a fun Saturday night watching it with the kids but they're all growing up now and starting to lose interest.

Someone mentioned the kids earlier in the thread... That's what it's all about. Times change. Tom Baker is f*cking 83 now... Billy Hartnell would be 109! :rolleyes:

If it works the rating will show it. If it doesn't...

Edited by ChrisJones

The character is called "The Doctor" - no gender indicated ! The character of "The Master" was changed from a man to a woman, and it attracted no attention whatsoever......

There's lots of women called Doctor......!

At the end of the day it's a fictional character - made up - so the writers can make any changes they like, really. I don't see that it matters.....

Sceptical fans can accept a story about a time travelling immortal, but can't accept that it might be a woman ?

• Like 2

Sceptical fans can accept a story about a time travelling immortal, but can't accept that it might be a woman ?

That made me laugh too! :laugh:

Time travelling immortal, who's the last of an alien race. Flying around the galaxy in a machine that's bigger on the inside. Able to regenerate into different forms whilst fighting other alien races in and around the earth.

Yet we are to suspend our disbelief when it regenerates as a woman! :laugh:

• Like 1