This Kids Mum Posted This On Facebook Think Her Name Is Lisa

Anybody want to help out this kid have a good Birthday?

Please can you help make my littleman's birthday one ro remember rather than one to forget! Thanks x

FREE
Portsmouth

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can I ask for your help to make my littlemans birthday on July 15th one to remember this year rather than one to forget!!

PLEASE READ!!

Thank you xx

This is Ben, my son, he is 10 and has high functioning autism,.

He has a heart of gold and just wants to be friends with people but his autism makes it extremely difficult for him to achieve this.

High Functioning Autism makes him a little different to the rest of his classmates and because of it he is often kicked and punched and is called nasty names amongst other things, none of which are good.

He is the child that never gets invited to other children's birthday parties, that sits alone in the playground, that doesn't have anybody round for tea and nobody to go out to play with.

On a previous birthday I hosted a birthday party for him, inviting around 25 children. He was so excited and really looking forward to it.

Only two parents replied to the invitations I sent out but the party was arranged and paid for and Ben was excited about it so there was no way I could cancel it, I wrongly presumed that a few more would just turn up on the day but at least two were coming which was better than none at all.

Everything was set up and Ben sat there eagerly waiting for everyone to turn up. 2pm came and went and nobody had arrived.

Ben sat there saying repeating over and over they will come in a minute won't they mum. He still thought they would show up to help celebrate his special day.

By 2.30pm he was getting more and more anxious and visibly upset, he kept asking me where everybody was. I just didn't know what to say to him. It was obvious at this point that nobody was coming!!

It was the most heartbreaking moment ever not only for me but for him to. This day had a lasting effect on him for a very long time, he was devastated, it knocked his self confidence, heightened his anxiety and is something he will always remember.

This year I want him to have a birthday to remember and hopefully undo the damage of the previous birthdays which has had a lasting effect on him

Can I ask you from the bottom of my heart if you would kindly consider sending him a birthday card for his "11th" birthday to put a big smile on his face and make this birthday one to remember for the rest of his life!!!

If you can help, cards can be sent to:-

Ben Jackson
35 Dunn Close
Southsea
Portsmouth
PO4 9TX
UNITED KINGOM

• Like 2

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 2 lads have autism and they have never been invited to a birthday party from a fellow school friend. That's the way it is. But come the maths.reading.or spelling tests. They are in a different l

Ok don't want to put a downer on things, but showed this to my other half. I'm not on Facebook, so wouldn't have a clue. She read it and said that she's seen several of these almost identical posts m

It depends, my son is 5 and has spent the last year in a local mainstream school but is moving to a special school in september...he just wasnt coping. Every autistic child is different with different

you would have thought the mother would have a word with the teacher at school to tell the parents of the kids in his class and not ask random strangers to send cards

May be the Mothers spoken with the School. Obviously they dont pay attention the poor kid is bullied during school I think that says IT all about the school.

• Like 1

Ok don't want to put a downer on things, but showed this to my other half. I'm not on Facebook, so wouldn't have a clue. She read it and said that she's seen several of these almost identical posts maybe 10 or 12 times over the last number of years. Maybe this is very genuine, but maybe it ain't.

Nothing wrong with sending a card with a nice message on it I suppose. But I wouldn't go any further than that.

• Like 5

people can be very cruel at times, and to preoccupied with there own lifes/ family , it bloody shame the other parents of the kids who live by dont read this post , or if they had similar letter sent to them, shurley they could take the kids there just for a couple of hours to help out etc , and maybe even a teacher from the school give couple hours as well. my younger brother son was similar as Ben is, but in time he improved and grew up in to a nice young man , so it wont be bad for ever .

• Like 1

Ben might be a piece of work ....

Or his parents maybe "my kids autistic, he's so special he does what he wants! " who let them run riot at school

Maybe the other kids don't like him? Or the parents don't like them

Very similar to an Australian post last year

Strange it's been posted in a time of heightened sympathy for children with illnesses

Maybe I'm just cynical

My 2 lads have autism and they have never been invited to a birthday party from a fellow school friend.

That's the way it is.

But come the maths.reading.or spelling tests.

They are in a different league all together.

Allways encourage them.

Show them how it's done lads.

• Like 12

Exactly kingy

My little girl can hardly talk but she can dance like darcey bussell and do a heave and 5 pressups one handed

There you have it mate.

Autistic people are very different.

It's weird here my youngest and oldest are autistic

And the middle lad ain't.

Yet he seems the odd 1 out.

I know it sounds daft but that's the way it is.

The amount of label cutting from every item of clothing is crazy.we even have to check the toe seams on new socks if there's a lumpy bit on them.forget it lol and put them back.

Thinking of it I was a very good reader speller and good at maths in school as a young kid.a good few years ahead of everybody else.

Maybe there's a bit of autism in me who knows.

The wife allways comments that I ain't right lol.

• Like 4