White Or Near White Lamp Dogs

What's your views on white or near white lamp dogs I've recently had a litter of pups out my bitch

In the litter is 4 mainly white brindle/black patched pups I've had a few people pm me saying that there'd be no good as lamp dogs I've asked how they could tell at a young age that they'd not make good lamp dogs the answer I get is because there mainly white....someone educate me here what I'm missing?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For fucks sake. I think someone's gonna spot the big beam of light piercing the countryside more than there gonna notice a white dog at night and anything is gonna spot a dog travelling towards it at

Same as if you use a black dog you can't find it if you turn the lamp of

If you are lamping on a proper stormy night walking into the wind the only thing the rabbit should see is the beam of light by the time it sees the dog it's over and as a lot of modern lampers seem to

Posted Images

For fucks sake. I think someone's gonna spot the big beam of light piercing the countryside more than there gonna notice a white dog at night and anything is gonna spot a dog travelling towards it at speed and hear it no matter the colour.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 12

What's your views on white or near white lamp dogs I've recently had a litter of pups out my bitch

In the litter is 4 mainly white brindle/black patched pups I've had a few people pm me saying that there'd be no good as lamp dogs I've asked how they could tell at a young age that they'd not make good lamp dogs the answer I get is because there mainly white....someone educate me here what I'm missing?

do yourself a favor mate and stop listening and entertaining these sort of people, they haven't a fecking clue and shouldn't be in possession of a pet mouse let alone a dog, atb wae your pups Edited by brambles
  • Like 3

If you are lamping on a proper stormy night walking into the wind the only thing the rabbit should see is the beam of light by the time it sees the dog it's over and as a lot of modern lampers seem to like driving through everything and anything in a 4x4 throwing dogs out at anything that moves I would find that more of a give away than the dogs colour, the only slight disadvantage I have found owning a white dog is if I,m being hunted myself he makes hiding a bit harder for me, but neither of us have had our collars felt yet plus I think he's quite a looker so I,m happy

• Like 5

if they've said that to you there idiots and o wouldn't even entertain listening to that type of shite that they've spewed out to you colour in no manor or form effects a dogs performance in the field end of its personal preference I don't give a flying shit what colour a dog is as long as it works I'm happy and I can say that cause I've got a cream coloured lurcher ?
  • Like 1

I for one minute personally don't buy in to all this colour bollox of a lamp dog makes a difference I do humer people who say otherwise though I did laugh it off with a simple ok reply. I only put it on here to see what the hunting life community had to say on the matter and to sort the wheat from the chaff

I for one minute personally don't buy in to all this colour bollox of a lamp dog makes a difference I do humer people who say otherwise though I did laugh it off with a simple ok reply. I only put it on here to see what the hunting life community had to say on the matter and to sort the wheat from the chaff

On the flip side of the coin, my smaller Lurcher, being brindle, IS invisible, from early evening onwards. She seems to have perfect camouflage. (Pick of both in my avatar)

My first ever dog was predominantly white,she was cheap because of her colour,had a great time with her and she taught me a lot,had to be put to sleep at the age of 14,a good dog is never a bad colour.

• Like 4

my mate's got a white dog about 27 tts and not to bad a lamper but i'll always remember 1 night we were off permission,there was a half moon shining.slipped the dog,dog caught,lamp out but we could see him from across the field.black night it makes no difference but a bit of moonlight really bounces off a white one.