Questions I Asked Countryside Alliance Today.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was it   Why don't you fuk off you scruffy ,lurcher owning oik ,we don't want to associate with your type Yours sincerely, Double barrel chinless twat .esq

I hunted these lands as a child and as a Student I then left the Country to follow my chosen career. In the Twighlight years of my life I returned to the UK for one of my Childrens professional stud

Unity has never been a strong point when it comes to hunting with dogs in general,the red coated horse back hunting enthusiasts,the footpack followers of hounds were & never likely are to unite wi

Here it is,

Bob

Thanks for getting in touch. There’s a blog here http://www.awlclub.uk/wp/articles/ca/ that I wrote for the AWL and I often cover lurcher issues in Countryman’s Weekly.

The Alliance campaigns for the return of ALL forms of hunting to legal status including the hunting of hares by all proper means and will not rest until that is the case.

Lord Bonomy has just completed a review of the Wild Mammals Protection Act in Scotland and his review can be found here http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2016/11/9965

For political reasons he was largely focussed on the few mounted hunts in Scotland but the good news is that he did not recommend any changes in the law as far as the practice of hunting in Scotland is concerned. His recommendations are all around enforcement of the law as it applies to hunts. It looks unlikely therefore that the Scottish Government will seek further restrictions on terrierwork or the ability to use dogs including lurchers to flush mammals to guns.

Thanks for getting in touch and let me know if there is anything else I can help with

Yours

Tim

I think we are on our own.

​For political reasons he was largely focused on the few mounted hunts in Scotland LOL

That was worse than expected LOL

I thought at least he would try to tell you what you want to hear, sums it up really

yes that is what we have to put up with we all have to email him asking same questions and keep doing it.

I asked the same question from the AWL who wanted to be the voice of the working lurchers and sighthounds on the Council of Hunting. Even another group LACS was shelved to give them the opportunity but nothing has happened as per usual .the question is do the lurchers/running dogs have representation from the AWL in the Countryside alliance or not.?

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 2

I asked the same question from the AWL who wanted to be the voice of the working lurchers and sighthounds on the Council of Hunting. Even another group LACS was shelved to give them the opportunity but nothing has happened as per usual .the question is do the lurchers/running dogs have representation from the AWL in the Countryside alliance or not.?

Yes mate looks like we have nothing they have only one fight.