• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 socks

socks

Extreme Ferret Wrangler

• Donator
  • 13,404 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:31 AM

A picture of my bitch cloud next to one of her litter brothers ... the variation that you can have in looks colour and size can be quite varied in a litter ..........

96D80EA7-C07F-4F60-86AD-701FAC8A07D4.jpg
  • forest of dean redneck, dog man, chrisbullx and 6 others like this

#2 Tiercel

Tiercel

Extreme Hunter

• 7,271 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:49 AM

I suppose when you have a variety in the breeding they can throw to any of the breeds?

TC

#3 king

king

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,121 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:54 AM

And then look at line bred litters.or a line bred bitch what is outcrossed.
Total minefield.
  • W. Katchum likes this

#4 C.green

C.green

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:56 AM

I suppose when you have a variety in the breeding they can throw to any of the breeds?

TC

With that being said its mad how 2 cross bred dogs with allsorts in there make up can produce typey animals you'd expect variation I think the more you see of the sire or dam in a pup the better

#5 bird

bird

6 foot and 12stone 7lb

• Donator
  • 12,903 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:08 AM

TC

spot on , was just about to say that   :thumbs:  , but even in ped dogs, you can  get massive difference in size with males and females  , males are nom taller heavier , and in some cases  bolder temp , not all  but on average .And suppose thinking about , it mainly   in lurchers where there all over the place regards size lol, that was the 1st thing struck about these type  of dogs, when finished with bull breeds 30 years ago , just look at  a male bullmastiff  and a female  bullmastiff  there massive difference in size , like gsd's  there big difference in dogs an bitches , yeh suppose any x breed  can throw to any parent or other breeds in it . :yes:

#6 nickdonboy

nickdonboy

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:35 AM

Gorgeous pups.
What's in their breeding? Collie saluki greyhound?
I saw a video you posted a few months back of a litter mate jumping a fence, anymore photos/vid's of this litter?

#7 breeze

breeze

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:49 AM

Socks.... you want to get Mustelid to put a recent pic of his bitch pup from that same litter ..... different again

#8 forest of dean redneck

forest of dean redneck

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 9,857 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

Litter brothers got some length to him.

#9 keepitcovert

keepitcovert

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

Genetic engineering is not as clear cut as many people think, certainly worth looking at grandparents etc when contemplating breeding. I would be quiet chuffed with those two though.

Edited by keepitcovert, 17 February 2017 - 12:11 PM.

#10 socks

socks

Extreme Ferret Wrangler

• Donator
  • 13,404 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:10 PM

Gorgeous pups.
What's in their breeding? Collie saluki greyhound?
I saw a video you posted a few months back of a litter mate jumping a fence, anymore photos/vid's of this litter?

Yep predominately collie saluki grey .... the pup in the picture is the same one that was jumping the fence .....

#11 socks

socks

Extreme Ferret Wrangler

• Donator
  • 13,404 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:11 PM

Socks.... you want to get Mustelid to put a recent pic of his bitch pup from that same litter ..... different again

Mustelid and his bitch are up tomorrow mate to do a bit of ferreting so I will get some pictures of her then .......
  • breeze likes this

#12 tb25

tb25

Give me two weeks hunter

• Members
  • 12,592 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

Always liked the black ones..Good to see now they have grown..f**k time goes fast.

#13 Chicken_man

Chicken_man

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:33 PM

Bonny pups Socks 👍

#14 talt

talt

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:44 PM

My brother had a norfolk type rough coated fawn bitch that he lined with a dog that looked exactly the same and the pups were varied to say the least. Two looked like pure greyhounds, three looked like first cross collies and two looked like old english sheepdogs. Only one looked like the parents but they all had one thing in common, they were shite.

Edited by talt, 17 February 2017 - 12:45 PM.

#15 breeze

breeze

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:56 PM

Mustelid and his bitch are up tomorrow mate to do a bit of ferreting so I will get some pictures of her then .......

Good stuff.... Hope you both have a decent day :thumbs:  Up t'north for me tomorrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users