410 Thoughts?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f**k off, nobody wants to know.......   Dan very kindly invited me down for a keepers day last January. Picking up a double 410 for one woodland drive he managed to shoot more birds in that single

i've shot a rat on the bird table from 5 yards with a 12 bore. feck all left of it. And that included the bird table. Effective though

I have a synthetic Baikal single-shot .410 magnum, as they call 'em over here (means it will chamber anything up to 3" cartridges). I put a sling on it, and tend to carry it when I'm out firkling abou

I have never owned one, but used them loads, I like them especially a nice sbs, although, I have always fancied a 28 bore, just something about the gauge I really like, will treat myself one day :yes:

Treated myself to a 28 this year wish I'd done it years ago absolutely smitten with it

• Like 1

I have a synthetic Baikal single-shot .410 magnum, as they call 'em over here (means it will chamber anything up to 3" cartridges). I put a sling on it, and tend to carry it when I'm out firkling about in our small patch of woodland, "just in case". ;)

It's so light, I forget I'm carrying it, most of the time. However, a No. 6 magnum load has been known to take out a coypu at 25 yards or so, so it does the necessary -- and coypus have thick, heavy skulls. :thumbs:

Haven't tried a .410 slug on a coypu yet... :icon_eek:

Edited by Coypu Hunter
  • Like 3

My 28 bore is one of the few guns I really regret selling. A aya matador side by side. 1/2 and full choke, by christ did it hit hard for a small gun. lovely patterns with 21g no6. light as a feather, perfect for walked up grouse and partridge, and never shamed by normal pheasants. Loaned it to a mate to teach his son to shoot and he offered my a silly price after using it himself for the back end of the season. I'll never learn :wallbash:

I know I keep thinking I would love one, what is it Dan sbs o/u/ I guess if your smitten you must shoot well with it then, how does it compare, say to a twenty?

Miroku o/u had it fitted and patterned I'm using boranghi 28gr 6's through 3/4 and 7/8ths chokes reckon I could easily hold my own against a 20 or 12 until they get in to the bigger charges and seriously high birds

• Like 1

I had a 410 and gave it away after my son grew out of it and moved on to a twenty bore now i would like a silenced 410 or twelve bore for shooting bolting rabbits near property's to lessening the noise but the cost compared to a normal gun puts me off

Wouldn't be without my .410s.

Everything from dispatching in cage traps to vermin in one little gun that's light as a feather to carry.

Once you find your comfort zone with them then birds start dropping.

The 28 is on my list too :yes: Never owned one and I think some re-arranging is needed to get one for next season...

I literally don't use my 12.

Had a .410 3 shot Webley for the last 15 years. Blew the chambers on it from over use and am contemplating getting it resleeved that's how much I love it (it's not financially worth doing) whacked a 9" moderator on it 10 years ago; was good addition.

Just bought a second hand Parkemy .410 SxS because it took 3" cartridges over the Belgian SxS in the shop; if I hadn't got loads of 3" left I probably would have gone for the Belgian folder.

Folding .410's are absolutely amazing. .410's are epic.

Buy one. Forget the 12 and just get closer.