4X4 Vehicle With Good Mpg?

So i've got the option to swap my car out (Skoda Octavia) which currently gets about 50mpg on the motorway.

I travel a lot for work so need a vehicle that is good on fuel, however, i also want a 4x4 capable vehicle.

I would love a disco or defender but i also want something that is ok at 70mph.

What are my options for max £10,000? (obviously second hand)

Thanks guys

A good off road 4x4 which drives nice and is good on fuel :hmm:

Which ever option I have looked at there are compromises. Excellent off road capability will kill your mpg and on road manors..With having big mud terrains and lift ect...

I have a big diesel landcruiser with BFGs and lift kit, so pretty good off road but shit on fuel and doesn't drive that nice...

So you buy one motor and settle for compromises on both sides, road manors, MPG / off road ability.... Or if you can afford to, you keep your skoda which is doing 50mpg and buy a cheap 4x4 and have it for off road, with big muds and lift...

Depends how many motorway miles you do and how good you need your 4x4 to be off road. If you just need to drive a few farm tracks and skip across a few stubbles then I'm sure you could go with the one motor route... :thumbs:

• Like 5

I have a 96 disco 1 that is upper 30s on fuel drives like a boat but is a great off road, a brilliant dog bus. I drive a little Peugeot 107 to work. I couldn't find a compromise but am tempted with the xtrail but it doesn't have separate diff lock