Rip Gin - Nights Turn For The Worst

Lost my young bitch 'Gin' last night whilst out lamping she would have been 2 at the end of the month, things were going well had some great runs catches and retrieves, but the last run was different as she walked her rabbit to the hedge, myself and Sirius could tell something was up and suspected a pulled muscle or just knackered, I said to Sirius think she's had enough tonight but as we got to her with head stooped she looked at me and knew there was a bigger problem her back legs went immediately started shaking uncontrollably her eyes said it all.

I then scooped her up with adrenaline flowing carryed her the few fields to the truck, she had to be put on the ground 3/4 time while she fitted, close to the car I got on the phone to the vet but unfortunately it was all to late and she died pretty much as soon as we got her in the truck.

For the first time last night i lay wide awake and relived near every one of her runs, had lots of great memory's and she made me proud to own her in that short time, she'll be greatly missed by myself and my family as was a great pet to have around the house too. Rip ginner!

Edited by Jekyll

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A real crying shame mate. She went doing something she had done many times before and we hoped many times in the future, she lived for it and was a real natural....sadly it just wasn't to be :(   R

Sorry for your loss..

That's so sad, and from what I've heard and seen in photos she was coming on so well: always the bloody way. The useless ones seldom damage themselves in any way.

A real crying shame mate. She went doing something she had done many times before and we hoped many times in the future, she lived for it and was a real natural....sadly it just wasn't to be :( :(

RIP GIN

7F35CED8-2051-48C1-87A9-E1360892425A_zps

Edited by Sirius
  • Like 9

sorry to hear that pal its allways the gooduns that go at least she went doing the thing she loved the best. mine died whilst out lamping 4 years ago and i can still remember his runs like it was yesterday best advice i got was the cmw put in my lap by my dad and he said try and pick another you will regret it if ya don't i didn't feel up to it but did it 2 days later i went a seen the pup and 3 weeks later my brother had baught him for me and haven't looked back since :thumbs: