73 replies to this topic

#46 PoshPikey

PoshPikey

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:30 pm

Who kills the most lion in East Africa?

The masai. Unfortunately they are portrayed as coffee table book tribal heros not the morons most of them are. This summer a goat was killed in nairobi National park by illegal masaai grazers - their response was to kill 6 lions in retaliation. That takes out the entire gene pool of that territory. This story happens across east africa more frequently than you might imagine. Kenya is down to about 2,000 lions and that number is dropping primarily due to livestock grazing conflicts. The only success stories on this are in the unfenced conservancies in Mara North, Olare Orok etc where the tourism "rents" land from the masai for photo tourism. The models where compensation is paid for livestock deaths from wildlife is open to abuse and the areas where no comp is paid seems to be working far better.

Sparks hounds - you are right about the asian influx - they own and control most of east africa. You could argue we used to so we can't complain but I would like to think that in these more enlightened times we wouldn't let that continent get raped of all its natural resources PURELY for export. As soon as the new port opens up Sudan the problem is going to get exponentially massive. Our oriental friends realised that you can literally buy anything/ anyone in africa and they are making good use of it. Our consumer lifestyles for stupid iphones etc fuel the demand for the exploitation of mineral deposits which we gleefully buy from the East.

There are too many examples to list here but here is one: The Selous Game reserve - the largest game reserve in Africa. A UN world Heritage site. The new location for the worlds largest open cast Uranium mine. It will be the size of Oxfordshire. It will be owned and run by the Chinese. Add to that the elephant poaching in the Selous and it seems the chinese are hell bent of destroying it as fast as possible:

Tanzania's elephant population declined by more than 30,000 elephants between 2006 and 2009, primarily from poaching to supply black-market ivory to Asia. Rampant poaching is concentrated around the Selous Game Reserve where 40% of Tanzania's elephants are located

:icon_eek: Posted Image

• killbilly likes this

#47 delswal

delswal

Northern Orang-utan

• Donator
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:47 pm

25k to shoot a cat..............i should be a worth millions by now :D

#48 Bunny Boiler

Bunny Boiler

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:28 am

Do any of you pheasant shoot/beat? You could argue that they are "canned pheasants" for they are kept captive until they are of an age where they can be released, and even then, some of you will say "but at least they have a chance to escape". Well i say think about this. They want to survive. Where is the food source? Oh yes. Wherever you choose to place your hoppers. Do any of you fish on a stocked lake? "Canned fish" I'm afraid. Sorry lads. Looks like we had all best hang up our flat caps. Hunting is off the menu.
  • DIDO.1 likes this

#49 Lab

Lab

Wasnt the carling....it was the tennents and the scrumpy.honest

• Donator
  • 23,645 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:55 am

Do any of you pheasant shoot/beat? You could argue that they are "canned pheasants" for they are kept captive until they are of an age where they can be released, and even then, some of you will say "but at least they have a chance to escape". Well i say think about this. They want to survive. Where is the food source? Oh yes. Wherever you choose to place your hoppers. Do any of you fish on a stocked lake? "Canned fish" I'm afraid. Sorry lads. Looks like we had all best hang up our flat caps. Hunting is off the menu.

lol!!

#50 scothunter

scothunter

Super Duper Stormtrooper

• Donator
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:56 am

same old,if you disagree about something,or have an opinion thats not to your liking.your an anti blah blah blah.

#51 DIDO.1

DIDO.1

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,145 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:29 am

same old,if you disagree about something,or have an opinion thats not to your liking.your an anti blah blah blah.

no, calling people sicko's on a public forum for doing something you know very little about means that your attitude is quite like an anti.

#52 scothunter

scothunter

Super Duper Stormtrooper

• Donator
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:22 pm

never saw that bit mate.i wouldnt call them sickos but its something i dont agree with.not saying all big game hunts consist of shooting a penned in animal,but the vast majority are,and i dont buy into the conservation bullshit either,its all about the money.seen a video where hunters were taking pot shots at a lion and i was totally disgusted by it.in fact the the lion turned on them.i ws kinda hoping it was going to tear his head off

#53 graham4877

graham4877

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,997 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:24 pm

is this offer still open??
if so how much so i could run it with my beddyx whippet ??

#54 scothunter

scothunter

Super Duper Stormtrooper

• Donator
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:36 pm

if you come up here graham we could throw your beddy over the fence at our local safari park lol

#55 graham4877

graham4877

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,997 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:45 pm

if you come up here graham we could throw your beddy over the fence at our local safari park lol

ahahah on way!
  • scothunter likes this

#56 DIDO.1

DIDO.1

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,145 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:14 pm

never saw that bit mate.i wouldnt call them sickos but its something i dont agree with.not saying all big game hunts consist of shooting a penned in animal,but the vast majority are,and i dont buy into the conservation bullshit either,its all about the money.seen a video where hunters were taking pot shots at a lion and i was totally disgusted by it.in fact the the lion turned on them.i ws kinda hoping it was going to tear his head off

no mate the vast majority of big game hunts definitely arnt. Maybe lion hunting in south africa (i dont know any thing about that some wouldnt make comment) but to class all big game hunting in africa in the same boat :( .

#57 Lab

Lab

Wasnt the carling....it was the tennents and the scrumpy.honest

• Donator
  • 23,645 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:35 pm

Think they call that...."feeding time"..... :laugh:
  • scothunter likes this

#58 Tyla

Tyla

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:56 am

Has anyone commenting actually been big game hunting?
  • Born Hunter likes this

#59 scothunter

scothunter

Super Duper Stormtrooper

• Donator
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:07 am

no i havent,but i havent been to the moon either.but i have opinions on that aswell.as im sure you do on things you have never done.

#60 Bunny Boiler

Bunny Boiler

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:12 am

Never been a politician, but Cameron is a dick. I'm quite a few hold an opinion similar to this, but aren't politicians either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users