SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dirty white that DC, I've seen it as white as the driven snow. I hate the stuff, i never did get used to digging in the crap

I was working in Kent on the channel tunnel railway they were boreing a tunnel through a big hill.the whole site was white chalk like snow.

In bright sunlight you had to wear sun glasses as the glare would make you look like a jab holding your eyes half closed.and a hell of a headache.

I found out how greasy it was when the frost had melted.

When i slid 60ft down the ramp in a 40 ton dumptruck.

Straight into my mate skip who was parked at the foot of the ramp.

The truck was well smashed.

They sacked me then lol.

• Like 6

And just to add the cut was 60ft deep.and the 360 was taking out another cut of 25ft so that was 85/90ft of pure white chalk.

And coming from the slag tips of south Wales to the land of white it was like being on the moon lol.

• Like 1

What type of ground does it compare to DD? I bet it's surreal to be digging in it when it's so white.

It doesn't compare to anything we'll see in our day to day lives RH. Go and have a day in it, it's a nightmare to get your head around, I'm sure someone will let you see it in the flesh

• Like 1

Luckily the only permission I have that is chalk if for ferreting took 4 hours to dig to a ferret this season not funny when you have to take a heavy bar ferreting

do the tubes run through the chalk or do they run underneath it in a seam of softer ground?