smithfield lurchers

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree that drovers would have moved around the country all over, especially down to Smithfield in London as it was a bit market. However lots were local folk, who would work particular droves or run

somebody give him Jeff Burrell's number....he breeds smithfields talk to him

I am not keen on Moderation,...I've never done what convention dictated I do,...and that is how I still run, what is left of my life...in short, I am a great believer in letting folk do what they want

Posted Images

like the dodo they no longer exist there may be whats called a smithfield type

they were bread from and used as catle droving dogs

this is my sons and he is doing realy well

what breeding is in the dog?

Guest little lurcher

there is no longer a smithfield, the smithfield collie died out over 100 yrs ago, the lurchers today called smithfields are not , they may be smithfield type but certainly aint the real thing

the mick douglas and jeff burrel breeding all comes from my fathers line , jeff sold mick his first lurcher and then his 2nd ( from my father) which was heavily used in the early breeding of smithfield types in norfolk was from the old fly and jessie line , it was my father whom taught douglas to walk the norfolk marshes and in fact the man who took him to ireland to meet others who liked this type , hence the adding of this to his books

he walked barefoot in denim dungarees whatever the weather , mad mick the marshman

like the dodo they no longer exist there may be whats called a smithfield type

they were bread from and used as catle droving dogs

this is my sons and he is doing realy well

Must get really hairy if it needs to go to the barbers for a cut :D

there is no longer a smithfield, the smithfield collie died out over 100 yrs ago, the lurchers today called smithfields are not , they may be smithfield type but certainly aint the real thing

the mick douglas and jeff burrel breeding all comes from my fathers line , jeff sold mick his first lurcher and then his 2nd ( from my father) which was heavily used in the early breeding of smithfield types in norfolk was from the old fly and jessie line , it was my father whom taught douglas to walk the norfolk marshes and in fact the man who took him to ireland to meet others who liked this type , hence the adding of this to his books

he walked barefoot in denim dungarees whatever the weather , mad mick the marshman

;);)

yeh he had to.. :clapper::clapper: no thats in my mates shop,he is bred out of crow and sweep which jeff has got then put to a laguna whippet standind 23tts and he is good on long ears,charlie and the big game

Seems he has the looks to match his abilities :thumbs:

when i bought him he just looked like a beddie greyhound and my son didnt want him as he was only interested in his 1stx beddie whippet but now he wouldnt be without him.like i say for a little dog at 23 inches he shocked me and he adabts to everything my son does with him and im gona use him on my 1stx beddie greyhound after watching him on

lovely pup that smelly it sure ha that look

i would say it has that as they do throw colours out aswell.when i bought my son his i rang jeff burrell up and he told me the story on the dogs mother and how it was bred,but he couldnt under stand why the lad put a laguna on its back as they already had the speed.i told him it was a mistake line but it seemed ok to me

does anybody on here run smithfields and whats your views on this breed
i run smithfields and not had no probs :drink: and getting to ask people on hear is like :wallbash:

i just thought i would put a thread on as everybody seems to be bullx.dont mind them but not for me as i like me sons smithfield and beddie xs and deerhound xs its just what ive ran for 30yrs and they do everything you need them to do

• Like 1