Blue Steel think them Aussie made last well comfy and not bad in water bout £75 good for giving the lazy brummies a kick t liven em up 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wolfie,Do you dance for money with those things on ???

How long do y'all usually get out of a pair till you need to replace them ?  Looking at about 3-5 months for mine till they get to the point I have to replace them per company policy the non skid surf

Used to make me laugh when I worked on building sites and demolition lads who wore rigger boots and were for ever taking them off to empty shite that had fell down them. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mackem said:

I remember when riggers were de-rigueur on sites,in reality they were crap.

Yes we do alot of work on MOD bases and you can't wear Rigger boots they are banned....not that I would as wilf says lase up far better...I'm in a pair of Dewalt at the mo...also got the Dewalt Prostrech trousers by far the most comfortable trousers I've worn for work

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Danner Nike Oakley, benville, a few others. Honestly most people buy their own after we get out of basic to fit what they like according to what they do.  The boots S-3 wear while sitting in the office all day vs the ones we wore in recovery vs the ones the cav scouts would wear where all kinda different.

But anyhow these where the ones I wore, problem is the steel toe wore out quicker and the way their made to be breathable isn't good for water resistance out here 

And I have to buy mine new because I have a small but wide wide foot so it's a pain to find my size 

Screenshot_20240424-220439.png.6b30d69811e08c2f24f5f43a1aa8342b.png

They will make a leather water proof version of those I’m almost sure, all our military boots have a leather version that are water proof. 

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Never had or wore a pair mate. I suppose what they were intended for and that was working on riggs out at sea were they could be kicked off easily if one was to fall in the sea they had their purpose but seeing some one driving a fork truck in a pair I found amusing. Lol

I have a pair at the moment for precisely that reason, easy to slip on and off when I’m in and out round my little farm yard…..in reality they are f***ing awful and if I had to be in them all day I’d never own a pair in a million years, you just couldn’t function.

• Like 1

Redbacks! Made in Australia, very comfy, with or without steel toes and with or without laces. 

Mine were retired to "just gardening boots" a few years ago, but I still occasionally give in and pop them on again to go to the shops as they're so comfy. I did consider getting a replacement pair but my mother-in-law had just bought me some oxblood DMs for general wear so I didn't. Would probably get another pair when the DMs wear out.

Edited to add: be careful with the sizing though as in Australia 1/2 sizes don't mean half a size bigger, they mean a little wider but the same length.

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

I wear Timberland pro , second pair , about £120 last a year +, I used to where V12 boots they were decent too, everything else I've tried has been garbage from Englebert to DeWalt etc, but I got size 14, comfort first then durability...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

No, he kills for money 

JpDJANGO-articleLarge.jpg

I honestly couldn't take any cnut seriously,if they approached me in a pair of cowboy boots...even the sorts with tits and arse in them fluffy ones👍

49 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Mongo likes chocolate...🤣

Telegram for Mr mongo

Me Mongo...

Loved that film as a kid lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Neal said:

Redbacks! Made in Australia, very comfy, with or without steel toes and with or without laces. 

Mine were retired to "just gardening boots" a few years ago, but I still occasionally give in and pop them on again to go to the shops as they're so comfy. I did consider getting a replacement pair but my mother-in-law had just bought me some oxblood DMs for general wear so I didn't. Would probably get another pair when the DMs wear out.

Edited to add: be careful with the sizing though as in Australia 1/2 sizes don't mean half a size bigger, they mean a little wider but the same length.

Redbacks......lol.....Where's Ray....one of the funiest few minutes was at the Midland with Ray buying a pair of them....I've told the story a few times on here....still brings a smile to my face when I think of it