Not been but it’s a place I’ll visit when I retire. I’ve a mate who farms on there and I keep getting invites. You must visit the Highland Park distillery 🥃

• Like 1

Another place that will stay in your memories forever hope you have a good week mate. I really need to go back one day and visit the island of Sanday off Orkney. The son in law owns a patch of land on their it's just a shame it would have been too costly to put a few log cabin type holiday homes on it. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, white van man said:

Anyone on here up in Orkney? I’m up there for a week or so in May. Mainly kayaking and fishing. Staying in Kirkwall and travelling out each day. 

Remember going in a small fishing tackle shop in Kirkwall down a side street and also having the best fish and chips I have ever had wile waiting for the ferry to Sanday also we parked up and had a walk around the stones that are some sort of ancient monument on Kirkwall. 

7 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Another place that will stay in your memories forever hope you have a good week mate. I really need to go back one day and visit the island of Sanday off Orkney. The son in law owns a patch of land on their it's just a shame it would have been too costly to put a few log cabin type holiday homes on it. 

Been to Orkney and Sanday,  had a good time. Nice people and met some characters. Would go love to go again someday. 

20220622_171025.jpg

20220622_171019.jpg

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Been to Orkney and Sanday,  had a good time. Nice people and met some characters. Would go love to go again someday. 

20220622_171025.jpg

20220622_171019.jpg

Got to say I enjoyed our week's stay on Sanday even though it was a family holiday though we did take the airguns and fishing tackle and one night after only a couple of hours with a small lamp we had shot 20 plus rabbits near some large sand dunes and next day after skinning them dropped them off at the Belsair pub were the landlord put rabbit stew on the menu. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1