GBP to Turkish Lira

9 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I’m old enough to remember when the pubs and shops charged us one shilling in the pound to accept Scottish notes, and the club in the local village still has a sign today “ No Scottish £20 notes accepted “ ! 
Cheers.

People who change cash into crypto or move cash abroad charge a higher % for Scottish notes.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s never worth it mate lol  

I don't think it is mate, but no harm in asking ..I've been in the building game most of my life, "can you lose the VAT" is a normal request, whether you do or not is up to you ...I wouldn't as I'm la

My ole fella took me out to his wine shed lol one day about 10 years ago and pointed up to the eves and said put your hand up there son and you'll feel a package, there's a few quid in there if you ev

Posted Images

22 hours ago, mackem said:

I went to the BDC with Scottish,they wouldn’t touch it,refused to exchange,luckily I had just over £50 real cash,lesson learnt.

85F6C5A5-CE9D-4A07-AB8D-A2DB1D52A548.jpeg

Aye last year i had a wallet full of Scottish notes and they wouldnt even sell you a can of coke on the plane 

• Sad 1
On 19/04/2024 at 20:56, mackem said:

People who change cash into crypto or move cash abroad charge a higher % for Scottish notes.

they want id to change into euro if more then a grand it’s a joke 

eh @chartpolski as i was getting off the plane i said to the pilot eh drive i didn’t see no curvature he said the earths as flat  as your nose lol i said me old pal thinks it’s as round as me belly lol 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, tillylamp said:

what's wrong with scotish notes? why aren't these companies taking them?..... 

Currency exchange places in Ontario often give a slightly lower exchange rate for Scottish notes that's if they accept them at all tilly. I am changing some cash tomorrow, I will see how many BDC accept the notes. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, mackem said:

Got 40/1 from an exchange place.

1202DAE5-8FFC-4834-8ABD-21A97BD439B6.jpeg

7686DB0F-A9F7-4279-9677-5C9933D3A7FF.jpeg

Nice one mate.At that rate it's a few extra meals and drinks at the end of the week compared to the rates over here

• Like 2
On 04/04/2024 at 09:02, downsouth said:

Been looking at whos giving the best exchange rate atm as Im going out there for the first time next month.Internet reckons youre best off just changing up enough over here to get by when you arrive and then changing up smaller ammounts once youre out there as youll get a better rate out there.Anyone been out there and know if thats true as I wouldnt want to get out there and end up stuck getting a shittier rate than Id have got just changing a load up before I go.

Check out Revolut online account. They give really good exchange rates and the money stays in your Revolut account in a different currency.

• Like 2