Good looking pups

Anyone breeding lurchers in the present climate  deserves a medal . Talking to my mate this morning who is on about breeding his stamina packed little bitch that's a mix of beddy whippet greyhound and spaniel and he has seen film of a dog another lad we know that's a good determined dog with saluki in it making short work of stuff it was running and not a big dog. Me personally I would breed her to another beddy grew type as any pup's not spoken for would be easily found homes for on those pet sites. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice looking pups but no mention of work and a soppy write up and boys and girls puts me off.

I’m sure you’ll find a way ! LOL ! Cheers.

I don't give a feck what people think my dogs look like. Conformation for wear and tear purposes, yes, but that's about it. I suppose I've been lucky in that any litters that I've had, have been wante

Posted Images

3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Anyone breeding lurchers in the present climate  deserves a medal . Talking to my mate this morning who is on about breeding his stamina packed little bitch that's a mix of beddy whippet greyhound and spaniel and he has seen film of a dog another lad we know that's a good determined dog with saluki in it making short work of stuff it was running and not a big dog. Me personally I would breed her to another beddy grew type as any pup's not spoken for would be easily found homes for on those pet sites. 

That would be my choice to mate but I wouldn’t have anything with saluki in it anyway.

9 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I wouldn’t have anything with saluki in it anyway.

Nor me, nothing against them, they are exellent at what they do just wouldnt suit my needs

2 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Nor me, nothing against them, they are exellent at what they do just wouldnt suit my needs

I’ve judged some nice ones but I like something that runs quick and kills quickly,not plod or be stubborn 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

Same here mate especially how things are and how it's going and if I ever were to get another lurcher it would be a small whippet type for my needs. Though unlike the other lad has commented that he wouldn't have a lurcher with saluki in it in the past I wouldn't have a lurcher unless it had saluki in it. Even though I have never owned a legendary world beater a couple of the best lurchers I have owned had saluki blood in them.

• Like 1
On 06/04/2024 at 08:04, Bangersanmash said:

Don't get him going mate ffs lol. These that talk about having decent women have only had muntaz it's a fact. It's nothing to be proud of not been able to hold a decent woman down and it sounding like she wore the trousers. I've been with my misses 21 years now since a was 25 years old. She's a well respected woman not like these f***ing idiots you see now a days. All this f***ing shite in their faces sunbeds spray tans looking like f***ing clowns. Even the f***ing men are doing it now filling their faces full of shite. The country's gone mad. But this Lee Green talks some shite too. About giving a working dog to a pet home. Poor f****r living it's life out walking round a local park sniffing other dogs arse for rest of its life. If that Waa you you'd want to be put to sleep. And blacky don't come back with something from that  🤣

The bitch is going to a lad that has a large house on an estate. The bitch will have a fantastic life. The reason she hasn't been pts, is because she would be a good dog for many and she is a nice dog to have around.

I am with my dogs all day and they are as good as you can get them. As I said before, you don't know me Bangers. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, leegreen said:

The bitch is going to a lad that has a large house on an estate. The bitch will have a fantastic life. The reason she hasn't been pts, is because she would be a good dog for many and she is a nice dog to have around.

I am with my dogs all day and they are as good as you can get them. As I said before, you don't know me Bangers. 

He reckons u sit under a blanket by the door way at homebase hassling folks for a few sheckles 

9 hours ago, leegreen said:

I used to think a working dog would be happier under ground than being a pet but we've had lurchers and pig dogs that were more than happy sharing the lounge with us when they retired. Doesn't take long to lap it up although I'm sure they'd try and work until they dropped.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, leegreen said:

bangers dog gets walked about the arable not slipped took home feet washed and called a working dog lol i’ll let him run 5 slip once and beat him lol 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

bangers dog gets walked about the arable not slipped took home feet washed and called a working dog lol i’ll let him run 5 slip once and beat him lol 

Your a raconteur of some note

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I used to think a working dog would be happier under ground than being a pet but we've had lurchers and pig dogs that were more than happy sharing the lounge with us when they retired. Doesn't take long to lap it up although I'm sure they'd try and work until they dropped.

All dogs are happy to share a lounge and all of mine quite often do, in fact I'm sitting here with the oldie and the two pups (in crate obvs) at the mo. My dogs are all loved and I make sure I do the right thing by them and if that means pts for what ever reason, then so be it. I know what I'm doing, I think 😊

I have now have working dogs for over 40 years and have seen all dog men types. As I've said before, I've been about. To me it doesn't matter if your a bag chaser, a rosette collector, a hardcore lamper, digger, shooter or owt else, just as long as you care. We are all in this game together, somewhat.  

If a dog is well trained, social and the new owners know and understand what they are getting. Then why shouldn't a working dog have a nice life, as long as it has the stimulation to keep it happy. I don't rehome dogs lightly and I take my time to thoughtfully place a dog. Fortunately I know many many sporting, shooting, dog, and fishing people. So I find the right home. The deal is, the bitch gets spayed and if it doesnt work out, she comes back or pts.

Hopefully I've covered everything, just in case peeps grab the wrong end of the stick again.

cnutsrus.co.uk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Black neck said:

He reckons u sit under a blanket by the door way at homebase hassling folks for a few sheckles 

I do when I get the chance. I'm a bit partial to a half smoked Regal too, lipstick flavour is the best.