Petrified tree stump,

42 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Part of me fancies a visit to this museum tbh mate and then part of me thinks no as after leaving the pit I had reacouring night mares years after of a few close scrapes wile I worked there. Thankfully I don't get them anymore. 

something else i’ve done tats lol been down the mines 

no way i’d a worked down there id a rather hit the banks and wages at spots if i’d a been desperate jail would a been like been in spain for ten year compared to working down there for it lol 

• Haha 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best just to be happy in your own choice of god mate,  I don’t need to explain or justify anything  I,m a very simple son of the soil type and to me Mother Nature is all around me I can see her, smell

I found this Amber in a big chunk of coal , it has a few bugs in it and if you squint you can see Jesus's face ...mad 

The most logical and convincing argument I have ever heard about there being something “more” (I won’t give it the label God because peoples opinions are too entrenched in religion) is the argument of

Posted Images

years ago when i went mate think it was wakefield we went over 100 meter down on elevator battery and helmet with lamp on been better off with a lighter lol. 

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

something else i’ve done tats lol been down the mines 

no way i’d a worked down there id a rather hit the banks and wages at spots if i’d a been desperate jail would a been like been in spain for ten year compared to working down there for it lol 

Nah mate prison would kill me been close a couple of times though. Lol At least with the pit you could go for a spin with your lurchers once the shift was over and one of the best feeling coming up the cage from a night shift was when that ray of sunlight hit you in the face though it did make you squint a bit. Lol 😆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Nah mate prison would kill me been close a couple of times though. Lol At least with the pit you could go for a spin with your lurchers once the shift was over and one of the best feeling coming up the cage from a night shift was when that ray of sunlight hit you in the face though it did make you squint a bit. Lol 😆 

when the best part of a days work is when you see sunlight and your alive finally above ground it’s time for a different job mate lol 

and you get these wet wipes saying they have ptsd lol down there must of invented it 

When my older brother was training to be a miner, they used to go down a training pit; whitewashed walls and fluorescent lights !

First time he came up from a days graft down a real pit he jacked and retrained as a joiner !

Cheers.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Part of me fancies a visit to this museum tbh mate and then part of me thinks no as after leaving the pit I had reacouring night mares years after of a few close scrapes wile I worked there. Thankfully I don't get them anymore. 

As good as these museums are they are a fair bit different from an actual working pit, no noises, smells,dust, extreme temperatures ect but they will give a good look into what it was like, go and have a look and report back...😁

got to been better money surely i know the trawlers were more dangerous but they got payed well weekend millionaires when they landed 

even though you had a good chance a dying id a took fishing over going down there evey day brave men 

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

got to been better money surely i know the trawlers were more dangerous but they got payed well weekend millionaires when they landed 

even though you had a good chance a dying id a took fishing over going down there evey day brave men 

Nah mate I would say the trawlers were more dangerous and harder work and not forgetting even though the pit was dirty and dangerous it was a nationalised industry with safety regulations and other benefits. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, tatsblisters said:

Not as good as British steel in the 80s. 

When I started in 77 I was on £21 a week as soon as I turned 18 it went up to £84 a week, my factory working mates were still on 20 odd, I was living like a fckn king til 84/85...😂😂

• Like 1
9 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Have you ever watched the documentary head scarf heroes mate about the women of Hull in the 60s who had lost husbands and members of their families at sea on the trawlers. 

16 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

When I started in 77 I was on £21 a week as soon as I turned 18 it went up to £84 a week, my factory working mates were still on 20 odd, I was living like a fckn king til 84/85...😂😂

First job I did at the pit after my underground training was road laying and was always being asked to do a bit of overtime and one week in 1980 at 19 after working a lot of hours drew 160 notes. Remember a big old collier who was always joking and tormenting young lad's getting me in an head lock and prodding the back of my neck I said get off me you big daft fecker and he replied you have spent more time underground this week I was seeing if potatoes were growing out of your neck. 😆 🤣