It’s strange the twists and turns of life……

I was baptised Catholic and all my family are Catholic but I obviously feel a massive affinity to Loyalism for all sorts of reasons and always have…..not least because I’m nationalistic. 

My wife was born and raised in a loyalist area, 4 doors down from Ian Paisley's church in fact.

When we was first going out it was a big deal that I was Catholic, her Nan used to introduce me as “He is a Catholic but he is very nice” lol 

Got married, not a problem, had kids and they were baptised Catholic just out of family tradition more than anything else.

Then they went to a Catholic school simply because it was the best school and for no religious reasons whatsoever but my wife wanted to know what was going on in the various services you have to attend and she wanted to be the same as the kids so she converted to being a Catholic !

Now, that really was a big deal and a secret that had to be kept from her Nan and Granda for no other reason that it would have upset them badly.

Now my daughter met a lad who is from a family of hard core republicans in Belfast, uncle was pals with the hunger strikers and all that baloney, had to attend a funeral at the local IRA club resplendent with murals of IRA men on the walls and the whole issue.

His mum is gutted that all her sons are with English partners ! Lol 

They are just buying their first house in Belfast.

We now live in the republic and I’m an English loyalist sympathiser who’s wife was born protestant in a loyalist area and is now a Catholic ! Lol 

Sort that out if you can ! …….welcome absolutely f***ing nowhere ! Lol lol 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We used to have sectarianism here in Newcastle back in the 50’s and 60’s. In my own family, who were Irish immigrants, some were Catholic, others became Protestant,  but these days most people lo

Any one dealing drugs in any community is the enemy of that community .

It’s strange the twists and turns of life…… I was baptised Catholic and all my family are Catholic but I obviously feel a massive affinity to Loyalism for all sorts of reasons and always have…..n

Posted Images

Best about it all St Patrick was born in Britain .

The Guinness they'll all be downing, Arthur Guinness was against home rule was a devout protestant and his descendant lord iveagh donated £100000 to the UVF arms fund in 1913 😂😂

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Chid said:

The Guinness they'll all be downing, Arthur Guinness was against home rule was a devout protestant and his descendant lord iveagh donated £100000 to the UVF arms fund in 1913 😂😂

I have a bayonet from one of those arms shipments, wife’s Granda gifted it to me.

Its amazing as it’s like the day it came out the box even though it’s over a 100 years old.

Its from one of the shipment that landed at Bangor. 

14 minutes ago, Chid said:

And we'll not even get started on William of Orange. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, Chid said:

As was Germanys patron saint St Boniface…..Devon in fact ! 

The moral of this story is, don’t accept a patron saint from us or next thing you know, we’ll be at war ! Lol 

Edited by WILF
3 hours ago, WILF said:

That they are defined by their British-ness, that it’s out there on display for everyone to see in no uncertain terms, that they cling to it and regard it as sacred.

It obviously the same with republican areas and I don’t begrudge them that because they are only standing up for what they feel is their history and culture and it would be remiss to say only “we” are allowed to do it…..people of the British isles proud of their heritage and saying so out loud is absolutely fine by me, if only we adopted that approach on the mainland. 

Noble ideas......but......these days, in these areas, it is less about political idealism and more about making money from drugs.

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, littlefish said:

Noble ideas......but......these days, in these areas, it is less about political idealism and more about making money from drugs.

That’s what they would like us all to think I’m sure and of course people who spent time engaging in paramilitary activity will have limited career choices.

But let’s be real, it’s a bond to their history and they are keeping it alive…..and that’s not popular in a Britain where the white British man isn’t welcome !

Fact is, spade area are absolute drug infested shitholes but nobody ever talks about that……but when it comes to the white British bloke he is fair game to be rubbished.

f**k that, I know what I see and I see communities fiercely guarding their British heritage….and if everyone had taken a leaf out of that book mainland Britain may have still been a place worth living for a British bloke. 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Francie, said:

Aye was born in the bog side,then moved away,I dont trust him.

I don't know any thing about him , but the party has a lot of common sense policies . It is an alternative to the government and the  fake  opposition .

• Like 3

When I was a kid a mate of mine, who actually had a German surname but a mother who was of Irish descent, was a Celtic fan. In town the day the walk was on (we were about 14, and oblivious that it was on) and my mate who was wearing a Celtic top was punched and kicked by two grown men who’d been following the walk. Made a bit of a mess of him. That was really my first experience of what these walks were, and I’ve heard a few similar stories since. I hear all the shite about culture and heritage, and protecting Britishness. That’s not my lived experience in Scotland. These marches frequently make the news, and it’s for drunken violence and/or intimidating behaviour. A bunch of cowards without a crowd and a drink in them. Is that a British trait we’re looking to preserve? I believe historically they’d take routes past catholic churches and stop outside in a deliberate act of intimidation and provocation. They’ve been curtailed from doing this more recently, but still happens. 

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Bradley Wallace, 24, assaulted Canon Thomas White outside his Glasgow...

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

When I was a kid a mate of mine, who actually had a German surname but a mother who was of Irish descent, was a Celtic fan. In town the day the walk was on (we were about 14, and oblivious that it was on) and my mate who was wearing a Celtic top was punched and kicked by two grown men who’d been following the walk. Made a bit of a mess of him. That was really my first experience of what these walks were, and I’ve heard a few similar stories since. I hear all the shite about culture and heritage, and protecting Britishness. That’s not my lived experience in Scotland. These marches frequently make the news, and it’s for drunken violence and/or intimidating behaviour. A bunch of cowards without a crowd and a drink in them. Is that a British trait we’re looking to preserve? I believe historically they’d take routes past catholic churches and stop outside in a deliberate act of intimidation and provocation. They’ve been curtailed from doing this more recently, but still happens. 

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Bradley Wallace, 24, assaulted Canon Thomas White outside his Glasgow...

He told the court: "Those tempted to act in a sectarian way must understand society's repugnance of and weariness of that kind of behaviour and must expect to be dealt with accordingly."

Unless you happen to be a 100,000 Muslims and their white enablers in which case it’s absolutely fine !…….

Not excusing that young blokes behaviour of course, you don’t go round gobbing on people but young blokes do stupid stuff……my pal used to spit on Pakis as we walked along the street all the time.