14 minutes ago, Chid said:

Lot of orange parades on st Patricks day .. St Patrick is celebrated with the early teachings of salvation by faith alone on the island of Ireland .. not the Roman Catholic teachings.

Come on . 

what’s the difference between that and having it in SCOTLAND ?? 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We used to have sectarianism here in Newcastle back in the 50’s and 60’s. In my own family, who were Irish immigrants, some were Catholic, others became Protestant,  but these days most people lo

Any one dealing drugs in any community is the enemy of that community .

It’s strange the twists and turns of life…… I was baptised Catholic and all my family are Catholic but I obviously feel a massive affinity to Loyalism for all sorts of reasons and always have…..n

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Come on . 

what’s the difference between that and having it in SCOTLAND ?? 

🤷‍♂️ Why is there 12th July parade's in Scotland, why is there 12th parade's in England..

44 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

We used to have sectarianism here in Newcastle back in the 50’s and 60’s.

In my own family, who were Irish immigrants, some were Catholic, others became Protestant,  but these days most people look at sectarianism as an anachronism that is only seen in places like Glasgow and Northern Ireland. 
The “new” sectarianism is between Christianity and Islam.

Sadly, Christianity is on the decline in the UK and Islam is on the rise.

We shouldn’t be worried about the different branches of Christianity, but of the Islamification of our country.

Cheers.

Of Irish Catholic blood myself from dad's side but mam was pure Geordie and "Protestant", but she converted in order to get married in a Catholic church, which important to my dad's family at the time. It was always a long standing joke with my Geordie grandad and my uncles that we where left footers etc. When we researched the family history turns out there is more Irish in the Geordie side than the Irish 🙂 

Howling and amazing all in one.

To be honest I’m a massive fan of the Orange orders “f**k you” mentality…..f**k me, at least somebody is saying it.

Its strange because I wouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a lodge purely by way of something I had no say over as an infant but my wife’s great, great granny was a master (or a mistress maybe ?) of a lodge and I’m a massive fan of their of loyalism…..when you see loyalist areas with your own eyes it makes you proud to be British, nowhere else will it be found in the UK.

Yes they may be taking the piss with the date, but it’s like when you mate starts a needless scrap….you know he shouldn’t have done it, you’re a bit pissed off he did, but f**k it you won’t tell your enemies that….you just pile in with him and say f**k you to everyone.

• Haha 2

Not really sure what this thread is about but I will be out tomorrow celebrating St. Patrick's day, wearing my newly gifted Shane McGowan lapel badge (and shamrock) and my boss is well aware that I will not be at work on Monday. This is part of my culture.

IMG_4963.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Chid said:

Nothing at all .. I'm in the orange order myself .

It's all to do with people views and certain areas of Scotland would be anti Protestant, same as Northern Ireland 

There are no areas in Scotland that are anti protestant…, none. The orange order and the knuckle draggers that follow the marches are anti catholic/Irish and cause nothing but trouble. There are many people in Scotland, including many protestants, who dislike them on that basis, including a majority in Stonehaven it appears. The majority living here of all and no denomination (like myself) see these dinosaurs as nothing but a national embarrassment and a laughing stock now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

There are no areas in Scotland that are anti protestant…, none. The orange order and the knuckle draggers that follow the marches are anti catholic/Irish and cause nothing but trouble. There are many people in Scotland, including many protestants, who dislike them on that basis, including a majority in Stonehaven it appears. The majority living here of all and no denomination (like myself) see these dinosaurs as nothing but a national embarrassment and a laughing stock now.

Ok what ever you say 🙄

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Of Irish Catholic blood myself from dad's side but mam was pure Geordie and "Protestant", but she converted in order to get married in a Catholic church, which important to my dad's family at the time. It was always a long standing joke with my Geordie grandad and my uncles that we where left footers etc. When we researched the family history turns out there is more Irish in the Geordie side than the Irish 🙂 

My older brother had to convert to Catholicism to marry his catholic girlfriend, came the full circle.

I was christened at the Venerable Bede in Jarrow, but am an atheist, but I had to show proof of religion , basically that I wasn’t a Jew, when I went to work for the Saudis in the 70’s, so my baptism certificate was accepted even though I’m a non believer !

Shows how daft it all is !

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, pesky1972 said:

Thats only because your a homo, us prods hate everybody equally so nobody is left out, we have been a closed society for too long to accept any outsiders. So dont be feeling singled out its nothing personal, we are born tough and arw double hard ba$tards. Oh aye and we also make the best soldiers the British army has ever had. We are a Scottish, irish mix with a touch of norse from a thousand yrs ago, also did i mention made a success of conquering the Appalachians and defeated the native americans then worked with them in the old west days? No, it must have slipped my mind. Some of the most successful in america are the scotch/irish or as we are known here ulster scots. Ps i dont go to the orange marches either but dont look down upon those that do

3 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Dogmandont is the guy to ask, rumour has it hes grand master of the tyrone branch, he loves the 1st and 12th of july, hes always getting into his ceremonial gear and his face painted with the union fleg

Ahh the glorious 12th, I'll be in Portadown with my 50p plastic union jack bowler hat, 12 tins of carlsberg and a  half bottle of vladivar with the rest of my brethren. Highlight of the year for some of us ye know. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

Ahh the glorious 12th, I'll be in Portadown with my 50p plastic union jack bowler hat, 12 tins of carlsberg and a  half bottle of vladivar with the rest of my brethren. Highlight of the year for some of us ye know. 

Hopefully ill be on the moy or another salmon river trying to catch one on the fly

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Hopefully ill be on the moy or another salmon river trying to catch one on the fly

Where abouts on the moy Len, used to do a bit round Swinford. 

2 hours ago, WILF said:

Howling and amazing all in one.

To be honest I’m a massive fan of the Orange orders “f**k you” mentality…..f**k me, at least somebody is saying it.

Its strange because I wouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a lodge purely by way of something I had no say over as an infant but my wife’s great, great granny was a master (or a mistress maybe ?) of a lodge and I’m a massive fan of their of loyalism…..when you see loyalist areas with your own eyes it makes you proud to be British, nowhere else will it be found in the UK.

Yes they may be taking the piss with the date, but it’s like when you mate starts a needless scrap….you know he shouldn’t have done it, you’re a bit pissed off he did, but f**k it you won’t tell your enemies that….you just pile in with him and say f**k you to everyone.

What is it about the Loyalist areas that would make you proud to be British?