8 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

P A  Mate who had bulldogs back in the day. If my memory serves me right it was a painting of a fawn dog a GC i believe.

Oh ok gotcha yeah i think he had all of them Bertie/Bella/Myra on his walls....not sure i remember who the artist was though such things didnt hold much interest to me at the time,probably an age thing 😂

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Commission my mates just finishing off .

My daughter is a budding artist will try and get some of her finished stuff up she 15yrs old.

Yeah I think they are all on a mates wall lol Just found a hare one she did.I only walk past it 10 times a day lol

Posted Images

I may have already posted this drawing sometime in the past on Show Us Your White Dogs thread, which is bit sad. But I like this drawing. Anatomy all wrong but the head is quite accurate, well not all of the head but the eyes. I did get more competent but used to give them all away, mostly to a friend who it turned out was selling them, believe it or not 🙂 Not for much money mind but more than he was paying me for them, zero £. I only found out when viewing a litter of Border terrier pups and the vendor had a drawing of an European eagle owl on his wall that I recognised, signed by my "mate". You live and learn.

002.jpg

Edited by eastcoast
just the eyes
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

I may have already posted this drawing sometime in the past on Show Us Your White Dogs thread, which is bit sad. But I like this drawing. Anatomy all wrong but the head is quite accurate. I did get more competent but used to give them all away, mostly to a friend who it turned out was selling them, believe it or not 🙂 Not for much money mind but more than he was paying me for them, zero £. I only found out when viewing a litter of Border terrier pups and the vendor had a drawing of an European eagle owl on his wall that I recognised, signed by my "mate". You live and learn.

002.jpg

good drawing bud....you can download an app (free) for grid references which is quite good to keep your drawing accurate, download it to your phone, then pull up the pic you want to draw, then apply the grid to it, lightly, draw the grid out on paper, then draw your pic to scale, keep up the good work bud..... 

6 minutes ago, tillylamp said:

good drawing bud....you can download an app (free) for grid references which is quite good to keep your drawing accurate, download it to your phone, then pull up the pic you want to draw, then apply the grid to it, lightly, draw the grid out on paper, then draw your pic to scale, keep up the good work bud..... 

Image (1).jpeg

• Haha 4
On 15/03/2024 at 23:32, eastcoast said:

Image (1).jpeg

Is that a portrait of your friend when you confronted him for selling the artwork?

• Haha 2
On 17/03/2024 at 15:43, mackem said:

Is that a portrait of your friend when you confronted him for selling the artwork?

That ended quite amicably. He was an amateur purveyor of fragrant herbs and medicinal compounds, which wasn't my thing, but a slab of Stella a couple of quid calmed the waters. Times was hard. 

• Sad 1