6 minutes ago, kanny said:

My middle daughter studied anthropology,she really wanted to be a pathologist/forensics but it turned out to be a dead man's shoes job,excuse the pun , very few openings and options available, and wasn't  that she wasn't  good enough,  she was top of the class,  her life took a few strange turns and now she's working doing something totally different and nothing to do with anthropology but earning a eye watering amount , unfortunately I'm not at liberty to say what she does now. I will say that that line of work is a tough nut to crack so best your daughter has a plan B . Good luck to her 👍

That's her current plan but at 16years old who knows 🤔 

I'm sure with top marks in her exams that should open doors and opportunities for her.

• Like 2

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Commission my mates just finishing off .

My daughter is a budding artist will try and get some of her finished stuff up she 15yrs old.

Yeah I think they are all on a mates wall lol Just found a hare one she did.I only walk past it 10 times a day lol

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Chaff said:

Coroner lol, she is on for 9s on every subject mac. But art is too time consuming and not that important career wise.

You never know where life takes you career wise. She has a natural skill, which is a  good thing to have.

• Like 1

Bought this over 20 years ago at the local country fair. The fella went on to do (or was at the time not sure) all the artwork for wychwood hobgoblin beer.

20240305_201753.jpg.e9720cb99615554eed61a11867467fa6.jpg

• Like 1
12 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Seen some cracking paintings of gamefowl by a chap called Brian Preist. 

Ive got a few of Brian Priests ,he's about the best ive seen to be fair.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Ive got a few of Brian Priests ,he's about the best ive seen to be fair.

I think there unique without knowing who did the painting you can tell it's one of his and his without doubt amongst the best I have seen. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Just googled “Brian Priest paintings” and this one caught my eye;

7AF0D5C2-DEB9-4762-A4D0-DB985CC3C713.jpeg.ff76d2c0e09a5785f5599fe96f42c522.jpeg

Cheers.

This is one he did for me last year ive had another one of an old dog i used to own but havent got it to hand at the moment.

IMG_4586.jpg

• Like 6
5 hours ago, leegreen said:

interesting though.

100% mate, I am all for people with a mindset differing from the norm. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

This is one he did for me last year ive had another one of an old dog i used to own but havent got it to hand at the moment.

IMG_4586.jpg

I remember seeing a painting on the wall of the lad you know well from London when we stopped round his one weekend that was years ago sure it was one of Brian Priests. 

On 05/03/2024 at 14:05, Chaff said:

Coroner lol, she is on for 9s on every subject mac. But art is too time consuming and not that important career wise.

A person puts a lot of themselves into creating art and it is a precarious way of making a living and rarely lucrative. Same as being a musician or even being a hunt terrierman. Inherent talent will always remain but painstakingly learned technique fades rapidly without continued practice once you start doing a proper job. There are easier ways of making a living, but as self gratifying? I wouldn't know, I've had a proper job for most of my life 🙂 

• Like 2
On 06/03/2024 at 08:32, Chaff said:

That's her current plan but at 16years old who knows 🤔 

I'm sure with top marks in her exams that should open doors and opportunities for her.

A lad on a boat near me is a book illustrator, he’s done the art work for a lot of famous peoples autobiography’s he drew this for me after a chat one day all pencil work and took him no time at all 

743C7679-6C13-4A44-B753-085B06CF2D3A.jpeg

• Like 11
45 minutes ago, Greyman said:

A lad on a boat near me is a book illustrator, he’s done the art work for a lot of famous peoples autobiography’s he drew this for me after a chat one day all pencil work and took him no time at all 

Amazing talent there GM.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Make a nice tattoo

• Like 1

Not in the same league as the person who produced Greyman's beautiful drawing but something I did when at school. Making an effort every now and then to draw something not involving terriers or lurchers kept the teachers off my back for a short while.

IMG_4935.jpeg

• Like 8