Do they know ??

8 hours ago, bird said:

Do Dogs know, when some one died .? , my wife died  6th Feb  heart attack, in my bungalow   early morning  .Had funeral 21st  Hereford  Crematorium .Well i am rock bottom, so maybe dogs picking my sadness  which they are  ok .Buck lives outside  in kennel/run  , little woody the jack x lives in side, i bring him in at nightime he sleeps in the kitchen at night. Both  are about the same temp on the walks, Buck comes for fuss, but he like that most times, woody just hangs back as normal. But in the bungalow at night, he spooked me couple looking at the lounge door, i went 3 times nothing, so just ignore him after that . well prob  tired  anyway not sleeping etc, well last night he done norm looking for her, but he came over to me, put his head by my foot, he not norm over the top with it, likes bit of fuss , not like  Buck , but ok.But he was bit differnt last night, maybe do the same , maybe  not ?   All the best folks    Ray

Sorry to hear of your wifes passing ray,God bless

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do Dogs know, when some one died .? , my wife died  6th Feb  heart attack, in my bungalow   early morning  .Had funeral 21st  Hereford  Crematorium .Well i am rock bottom, so maybe dogs picking my sad

Thanks folks, yeh you are right not going forget 40 years with her, got lot of memories with her, she loved my  Lurchers, was part of her. As they  were with me. I am just taking one day at a time, I

One night I dreamed a dream. As I was walking along the beach with my Lord. ray ive had some shit times mate this poem always picked me up when i was down, Across the dark sky flashed scenes fro

So sorry to read this ray, may your lovely lady rest in peace. It’s never easy losing someone so close it does leave a void no doubt. Be grateful for the great times you had together and the memories that never get forgotten. Chin up mate and hope your bearing up best possible at this awful time

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Qbgrey said:

So sorry to read this ray, may your lovely lady rest in peace. It’s never easy losing someone so close it does leave a void no doubt. Be grateful for the great times you had together and the memories that never get forgotten. Chin up mate and hope your bearing up best possible at this awful time

Thanks folks, yeh you are right not going forget 40 years with her, got lot of memories with her, she loved my  Lurchers, was part of her. As they  were with me. I am just taking one day at a time, I am lucky that I've got a 37 year old son, he strong  physically and mentally, and we both helping each other right now, he got Mrs and 2 kids,. Yeh thanks again. Ray

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, mr moocher said:
Footprints-in-the-Sand-Poem.jpg

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord. ray ive had some shit times mate this poem always picked me up when i was down,
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

God gave that poem down himself, such emotion and answers to pacify the most troubled mind, there really is only the one true almighty, God bless the OP in his times of need

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So sad Ray.

Get Trigger to have a day off work and come up the Dales for a day out mate. Bring the old lad and I'll bring the old girl.

Stay over and we can raise a glass.

Always welcome.

• Like 5
17 minutes ago, vin said:

So sad Ray.

Get Trigger to have a day off work and come up the Dales for a day out mate. Bring the old lad and I'll bring the old girl.

Stay over and we can raise a glass.

Always welcome.

Thanks vin, very nice mate that. Me and old and Buck both knackered now, but carnt complain, as you had nearly 40 years messing about with Lurchers, but great off, your  good lad. I put nice little  new post on have look👍 Ray

• Like 2