Worlds largest known snake found…

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

snakes are not my thing i can't see the attraction in keeping them, i'd rather turn that thing into to a pair of shoes, a jacket or a handbag....it's beyond me why people keep these really big pythons

Guesstimated at 26 feet long.  

i think it was a good year in most places Mack, we had loads of garters here, we have them in our potting shed, we often found there shedded skins up to 2ft long, my wife put her hand in a bag of comp

Posted Images

snakes are not my thing i can't see the attraction in keeping them, i'd rather turn that thing into to a pair of shoes, a jacket or a handbag....it's beyond me why people keep these really big pythons...also spiders like tarantula's.... 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, tillylamp said:

snakes are not my thing i can't see the attraction in keeping them, i'd rather turn that thing into to a pair of shoes, a jacket or a handbag....it's beyond me why people keep these really big pythons...also spiders like tarantula's.... 

Good year for snakes in Ontario last year tilly, they were everywhere, even found a couple in the garden. I really wanted to see a mississauga rattlesnake but they are rare I was told. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, tillylamp said:

A must have for any budding serial killer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
10 hours ago, mackem said:

Good year for snakes in Ontario last year tilly, they were everywhere, even found a couple in the garden. I really wanted to see a mississauga rattlesnake but they are rare I was told. 

i think it was a good year in most places Mack, we had loads of garters here, we have them in our potting shed, we often found there shedded skins up to 2ft long, my wife put her hand in a bag of compost and there was 3 of them curled up in there...lol, i also saw a hawk fly over with a snake hanging from it's claws....i looked up that rattle snake as i didn't know that they existed here, like you say, they are really rare nowadays and on the endangered list, i saw program along time ago, this girl kept some sought of deadly venomous snakes and amongst others as well, if i remember right she got carless and got bit, she was dead in no time...my first thought was...why would anyone want to keep that sought of thing in there house in the first place....snakes like that, big pythons, and fancy spiders should not be in houses in my opinion....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, paulus said:

I once watched an actual video of a bloke who caught anaconda's for zoos and that, In the video he dived into a river and waited to be attacked by an anaconda. Once it had coiled around him, he scrambled to the bank and it was removed by his helpers. i think his wife was one of them, I have looked for it online but have not been able to find it.  

Must have had a right good relationship with his wife.

4 minutes ago, tillylamp said:

i think it was a good year in most places Mack, we had loads of garters here, we have them in our potting shed, we often found there shedded skins up to 2ft long, my wife put her hand in a bag of compost and there was 3 of them curled up in there...lol, i also saw a hawk fly over with a snake hanging from it's claws....i looked up that rattle snake as i didn't know that they existed here, like you say, they are really rare nowadays and on the endangered list, i saw program along time ago, this girl kept some sought of deadly venomous snakes and amongst others as well, if i remember right she got carless and got bit, she was dead in no time...my first thought was...why would anyone want to keep that sought of thing in there house in the first place....snakes like that, big pythons, and fancy spiders should not be in houses in my opinion....

Mississauga rattlesnake is on my list of snakes to see.A friend of mine in California was in his greenhouses working away in flip-flops when he heard a rattler and there was one a few feet away,he said he leapt about ten feet in the air and screamed.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, tillylamp said:

Wouldn't want one anywhere near my house...

• Like 1

Never been scared of snakes but throw a spider at me and all hell is gonna break loose :laugh: 

I once threw a spider at my mate (who was driving at the time) on our way to Creamfields lol he crashed into some birds and all he could say was “he threw a spider at me” lmao. That Yugo was made of iron mind :laugh:

Feck that. A bloke over the park when I was about 12 put a largish Anaconda around my neck and the cnut started to tighten as I breathed in. I couldn't get my fingers underneath it because it was so tight, but I could get hold of it's neck right near it's head. Everyone was laughing when I started to panic a bit and then I threated to bite its head. They soon got it off. Feckin thing was too strong for me and it wasn't more than 10 foot.

• Like 2