Worlds largest known snake found…

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

snakes are not my thing i can't see the attraction in keeping them, i'd rather turn that thing into to a pair of shoes, a jacket or a handbag....it's beyond me why people keep these really big pythons

Guesstimated at 26 feet long.  

i think it was a good year in most places Mack, we had loads of garters here, we have them in our potting shed, we often found there shedded skins up to 2ft long, my wife put her hand in a bag of comp

Posted Images

Seen that earlier.  Would love to see a picture or video out of water to get a better gauge of size . I've listened to Paul Rosalie stories about anacondas and their amazing creatures 

Edited by Welsh_red
4 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Seen that earlier.  Would love to see a picture or video out of water to get a better gauge of size . I've listened to Paul Rosalie stories about anacondas and their amazing creatures 

I think that size they can’t really manage out of water,the bigger ones are aquatic,sure I read that somewhere?Beautiful snake.

3 minutes ago, paulus said:

The longest reticulated python ever recorded was found in 1912 and measured in at a staggering 10 metres -

Indonesia, they killed it sadly. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mackem said:

Indonesia, they killed it sadly. 

I once watched an actual video of a bloke who caught anaconda's for zoos and that, In the video he dived into a river and waited to be attacked by an anaconda. Once it had coiled around him, he scrambled to the bank and it was removed by his helpers. i think his wife was one of them, I have looked for it online but have not been able to find it.  

25 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

Fair few snake steaks from that …. 

Without a doubt. 

19 minutes ago, paulus said:

I once watched an actual video of a bloke who caught anaconda's for zoos and that, In the video he dived into a river and waited to be attacked by an anaconda. Once it had coiled around him, he scrambled to the bank and it was removed by his helpers. i think his wife was one of them, I have looked for it online but have not been able to find it.  

I will search for that mate, sounds right up my street. 

1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

There was a fella called Jesus? He walked barefoot through the pantanal feeling for buried anacondas for research .

Seen him on TV, thigh deep in pampas swamp,never saw him catch massive specimens.