British pike record goes at chew valley Ames near Bristol

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will put it in the fishing section as well but chew valley res near Bristol has just done the British record 

Yeah...McHull was holding it!! Lol

I used to trim cork to the shape of a chum mixer for surface fishing, it’s all I used. Had fish to 30lb off the top that way, used to do a lot of surface fishing because frankly, other people did

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

seen a 59 out the local park old victorian pond about 5 foot deep 

I went to school with Jonny Hopkins……..we were blazing that shit up every day 

6 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

There's been a few but have to say that's his best yet. Lol.

Definitely, not sure how long the records been held, but it's around 45 pound... the best specimen anglers in the country have spent lifetimes trying to catch a 50...old McHull saw one pulled out of the church pond...f***ing brilliant..lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Haha 8
7 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Even better!! Lol

You already know the scenario young lad catch’s a 12lber on a spinner has no scales and never seen a beast like it before must have been at least 54lb and local legend begins, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Greyman said:

You already know the scenario young lad catch’s a 12lber on a spinner has no scales and never seen a beast like it before must have been at least 54lb and local legend begins, 

Need 2 of them to show the length of it, 1 pair of arms just don't do it justice!! Lol

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Greyman said:

6 pints to the wind on his way home from his regular Friday with his pal Muslim Ali in the Mumbai Curry Centre……

image.gif.6d2da48056c4166df14f2cdb26b20170.gif

• Haha 4
57 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Funnily not 100% think over 47lb ironically the next big res along from it is trout only but gets a few sneaking on at night and it’s done a 50 but all hush hush 

Never done any Pike fishing to speak of, couple of small ones many years ago but Carp were my thing.

However, I have been researching them a bit because I miss my carp fishing and there’s no carp here…..Pike are the biggest thing that swim in the lakes and rivers here so I thought “why not ?” 
And there’s a bit more to it than cast a dead bait and hope as I always believed, that got me interested.

I know they are a traditional winter species but can be fished for all year round so I’m going to have a f**k about when the wether breaks a bit….Neville’s have new battery’s (9 years since they were used and the battery still worked in 2 of them !!) 

The lakes here suit me because they are huge, if they had carp they would be perfect !……the nearest are 870 acres & 3000 acres respectively.

Anyway, it will be a new thing to try.

• Like 3