Hares and Rabbits

I always thought the old belief that where you find a good population of hare`s then the rabbit population will be low, was a pile of shite, But it appears at certain times of year, when the male hares have a higher than normal desire to find a female and do the deed then it appears that they will chase rabbits off, Raised testosterone perhaps,

AW8I0280-Edit.jpg

8 hours ago, fred90 said:

hare population is booming around here, never seen so many but rabbit population is dead never seen so little. 

Same for my area of East Anglia, creates some issues for me as the farmers and friends are very alert to hare coursing and I can't afford to be judged deliberately out on hares. When ferreting on land with hares I walk between warrens with the dogs on leads

3 hours ago, Luckee legs said:

Same for my area of East Anglia, creates some issues for me as the farmers and friends are very alert to hare coursing and I can't afford to be judged deliberately out on hares. When ferreting on land with hares I walk between warrens with the dogs on leads

You need new friends 🧡 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

went out for a bit of a shine, last night managed to get 3 rabbits, lamped about 6 plenty of wind on but new moon about making it a bit harder on the dog to catch, up on hill ground, lots of hares about must have seen around the 20 mark, definetly something in what paulus says, and its not unusual to see thislater on in season roundour area.