Wirehair pointer 1st cross

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone wanting to do this cross I have two working GWP dogs here welcome to use on greyhound foc. Possibly have a pup or two back.  

always planned on putting him over a greyhound, I got a bitch but she never broke down. But over the years I had some fun with him from hunting cover to working round a hole, absolute powerhouse of a

Absolute rubbish I've known a lot of GWP's and crosses and not heard of any having these problems. If you have seen the drive and stamina these dogs possess you'd know that with heart problems they wo

Posted Images

Id like this cross! A knock about mooching dog with a good nose and a bit of pace... not the same i apologise, but i missed out on a vizla x grew pup few years ago. She was given to a family friend of the breeder last minute and i often wonder how it got on. 

• Like 1
On 14/02/2024 at 08:33, DanielBrave said:

What if there is a covert operation involving the British pike record at Chew Valley Ames near Bristol? Could there be a secret organization manipulating the fishing records for their own gain or hidden agenda?

Most definitely, they have their own stealth covert First X GWP Greyhounds, and they consider themselves aficionados, but not a lot of people know about that 

2 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Most definitely, they have their own stealth covert First X GWP Greyhounds, and they consider themselves aficionados, but not a lot of people know about that 

I held the barbel record for many years ,but alas I became disillusioned with the whole high protein debacle 

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, white van man said:

Surely not all GWP x grey have heart problems? 

Absolute rubbish I've known a lot of GWP's and crosses and not heard of any having these problems. If you have seen the drive and stamina these dogs possess you'd know that with heart problems they wouldn't last very long. 

• Like 7

Got a bitch in season now, half tempted,  she's a driven, game bitch, I'm more inclined to wait for the cattle dog cross though.  I was offered a well bred pup yesterday but it didn't seem right having a pup from a litter where I've got no iron in the fire.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

Absolute rubbish I've known a lot of GWP's and crosses and not heard of any having these problems. If you have seen the drive and stamina these dogs possess you'd know that with heart problems they wouldn't last very long. 

My thought too. 

2 hours ago, dillydog said:

Got a bitch in season now, half tempted,  she's a driven, game bitch, I'm more inclined to wait for the cattle dog cross though.  I was offered a well bred pup yesterday but it didn't seem right having a pup from a litter where I've got no iron in the fire.

What breeding is the bitch dilly?

21 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

Anyone wanting to do this cross I have two working GWP dogs here welcome to use on greyhound foc. Possibly have a pup or two back.

20240105_135140.jpg

The one on the right looks massive 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, white van man said:

I thought that. Big lad he is. He’s sat there like a silver back! 

Funnily enough I often think he looks like a gorilla when you look into his eyes,lol!

• Haha 1