Beddy grey

15 hours ago, Samrog said:

Bed they’re handy dogs. I’d love that cross. 

I think my mate at the time was trying to breed types like the old merlin and eve bred hare dogs even though some of them i saw over 30 years ago and having a rough coated bitch out of that line it was obvious that that beddy blood was in the breeding but i also believe other breeds of running dogs were in the mix besides salukis' and greyhound's. I know years ago it was mostly the case of just breeding decent dogs to another decent dog though in reality it some times didn't work out in producing pups better than both dam and sire i think the coursing lads cracked it producing better offspring by line breeding and such like.

• Like 4

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was an injured fox which was shot, but still managed to cover a fair distance.. tracked and found by these 2 so it could be dispatched. 

Bred some good old Beddie Lurchers back in the day🙏  

Like a beddy cross but a first cross don't think I would have one beddy whippet greyhound be my choice 

Posted Images

20 hours ago, old school said:

I remember reading somewhere that heart break kennels had started to breed again.? 

Flynn, first cross beddy/greyhound from Heartbreak Fell Kennel’s, and Delta, ( Flynn x Deer/grey-Whippet/grey);

2E407ECC-A47C-4AE3-9DC9-92375ECFD832.jpeg.3aacc7814cb687db07f5a25954386b3a.jpeg

Both sadly long gone.

Cheers.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Flynn, first cross beddy/greyhound from Heartbreak Fell Kennel’s, and Delta, ( Flynn x Deer/grey-Whippet/grey);

2E407ECC-A47C-4AE3-9DC9-92375ECFD832.jpeg.3aacc7814cb687db07f5a25954386b3a.jpeg

Both sadly long gone.

Cheers.

Was another welsh lad on here, that had a 1st cross from that kennels.  Probably about 12 years ago.

Can't recall his name.

Just to clarify, charts, I know you're not welsh, I meant myself lol.  👍

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Was another welsh lad on here, that had a 1st cross from that kennels.  Probably about 12 years ago.

Can't recall his name.

Flynn was owned by a lad who used to be on here, from Yorkshire. Flynn was put over a saluki/greyhound and produced the black and white dog, a very handy hare dog;

EBAB9B5B-E516-4C0C-81CF-7DC29C2C9B3E.jpeg.e086c6b39ec325ad3330aa7a90832cb5.jpeg

Cheers.

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Can't recall his name.

I’m not Welsh , but one of the best times I’ve had was with some Welsh pals I worked with abroad, and we flew home to watch the Wales - West Germany game at the Arms Park when Rush scored the only goal to win 1-0 ! 
We ended up in this very high class pub in the docks called the Custom House ! LOL !

Ive had some great times down there, including a time my wife and I were the only white people in a club with the all black ciacs rugby lads, and didn’t have to buy a drink all night 

Another time I was with a pal who was on the committee of Ponty rugby club, and when they heard I was a Newcastle supporter, they changed the channel on the tv from the rugby so I could watch Newcastle !

Bridgend Rugby Club with an old lad who had been British and Commonwealth boxing champion who insisted we all drink Newcastle Brown Ale , even though I prefer lager ! LOL !

Many fond memories of Wales !

Cheers.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Bridgend Rugby Club with an old lad who had been British and Commonwealth boxing champion who insisted we all drink Newcastle Brown Ale , even though I prefer lager ! LOL !

Many fond memories of Wales !

Cheers.

I'll leave custom house out of the conversation lol.

Jack Peterson, Bridgend Rugby Club?