Help finding a stud for a Lurcher x Australian Kelpie

She's an odd mix (got whippet, Kelpie, westie and staffie in there), but my little dog is so well behaved and easily trained. She's a natural hunter and catches squirrels all the time, comes mountain biking, really wants to please and was amazing at flyball when she tried it for a bit. She's got a great coat on her too. 

10/10 dog, and I'd like a litter with a similar kind of mix preferably, maybe a small lurcher with a little bit of herding dog in there for the smarts. But I'm open to different mixes too. I've had so many people say they want a pup from her, so won't be a problem to find good homes.

I'm in southern England but could travel for the right dog. Does anyone know where I should look? I'm not much of a hunter myself, but so many Google searches lead to this forum, and you guys really seem to know what you're talking about with these kind of dogs! 

Thanks

Screenshot_20240202-131150.png

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Meekahinthewoods said:

She's an odd mix (got whippet, Kelpie, westie and staffie in there), but my little dog is so well behaved and easily trained. She's a natural hunter and catches squirrels all the time, comes mountain biking, really wants to please and was amazing at flyball when she tried it for a bit. She's got a great coat on her too. 

10/10 dog, and I'd like a litter with a similar kind of mix preferably, maybe a small lurcher with a little bit of herding dog in there for the smarts. But I'm open to different mixes too. I've had so many people say they want a pup from her, so won't be a problem to find good homes.

I'm in southern England but could travel for the right dog. Does anyone know where I should look? I'm not much of a hunter myself, but so many Google searches lead to this forum, and you guys really seem to know what you're talking about with these kind of dogs! 

Thanks

Pm penda off here hel sort you right out 

• Haha 1

I have a non ped whippet and I am local to you. He is blue whippet and big boned muscular type that’s seen a far bit of work, I know you said ideally collie lurcher but the offer is there if you want to use him. Has sired pups before and they came out very tidy animals. 

• Like 7

I think you want ask few lads with ferrets, if you could have morning out with them, once do but hunting getting few rabbits, get your bitch on couple, then you know how good she really is to breed from. 

7 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

I have a non ped whippet and I am local to you. He is blue whippet and big boned muscular type that’s seen a far bit of work, I know you said ideally collie lurcher but the offer is there if you want to use him. Has sired pups before and they came out very tidy animals. 

None ped racing whippets are great little dogs, that deff make nice little Lurchers, I had bitch none ped, good rabbit dog, males down the track back then hit 23in 35lb, they pile into foxes if let buggers. Send me pm, few pics of him, 

He has done me proud tbf. Biggest issue is thinking he can take fallow deer. He is basically as you described though, big boy not sure exact weight but I think he is pushing 35lbs and about 22”. Il send you some pics 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, bird said:

None ped racing whippets are great little dogs, that deff make nice little Lurchers, I had bitch none ped, good rabbit dog, males down the track back then hit 23in 35lb, they pile into foxes if let buggers. Send me pm, few pics of him, 

Things have changed in the non-ped whippets, Ray.

Now you can have 25” 55lb non- ped whippets racing under rules in the BWRA,

Probably the fastest dogs in the world over the sprint distance.. but “whippets” ? Hmmm.

Cheers.

15 minutes ago, bird said:

IMG_6541.png

16202895-CBBE-4328-91F1-546C6DAA25CF.jpeg

IMG_4839.jpeg

IMG_9239.jpeg

• Like 12
17 hours ago, Bobtheferret said:

He has done me proud tbf. Biggest issue is thinking he can take fallow deer. He is basically as you described though, big boy not sure exact weight but I think he is pushing 35lbs and about 22”. Il send you some pics 

Sounds similar to mine, 22" and 18kg. Phenomenally quick but too game for his own good. Has to be on a lead if deer might be about. I walk both of mine on a lead to ferreting spots as there is a high risk they'll put up a muntjac left to their own devices 😃

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Meekahinthewoods said:

Thanks

Lovely wee dog ,...mind you, that big old collar is perhaps a tad overkill....🙄

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

Thumbs up for Bob's whippet. All his dogs catch things!

I've a very elderly dog; lurcher back crossed to a collie , but he is getting on a bit so might not prove a reliable stud option.

Edited by comanche
  • Like 1